Major modification completed (Shooting Platform)

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Major modification completed (Shooting Platform)

Post by Die Judicii » 18 Feb 2020, 7:48 pm

Well, I've been wanting to do this for quite a while, and have finally found the time, and I did it.
The platform table used to be adjusted height wise by a Jockey Wheel whose handle stuck up through the middle.
This was effective,,, but a right royal pain in the Rse End.
I had a cushion either side of the handle, and any time I needed to adjust the height,, I'd have to separate the cushions to be able to wind the handle.

Now I've done away with all that, and replaced it with a single rifle length wide ribbed aluminium bench top.
And it is all controlled underneath electrically,, up and down at the flick of a switch without having to move anything on the bench top.
Being ribbed, it is great for holding single rounds or whole boxes of ammo or magazines.
I have a piece of micro fleece blanket that will lay on the aluminium, and then my trusty old roll of hessian bags that I use as a rifle rest.

The rifle pictured is the new Tikka T3x which I finally got around to actually firing late this afternoon.
Just firing, cleaning, firing etc to run it in, and at the same time getting some zeroing.
One thing for sure,,, Out of the box,,,, I hate the trigger pull weight, it's way too heavy.
It's definitely going in for a trigger job

100_5568.JPG
100_5568.JPG (1.06 MiB) Viewed 1439 times
100_5569.JPG
100_5569.JPG (1.19 MiB) Viewed 1439 times
100_5570.JPG
100_5570.JPG (1.13 MiB) Viewed 1439 times
100_5572.JPG
100_5572.JPG (1.29 MiB) Viewed 1439 times
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Major modification completed (Shooting Platform)

Post by sungazer » 18 Feb 2020, 8:18 pm

You certainly never do anything by halves. It would have to be one of the most professional unit out there in Aus. I would certainly bet on it.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Re: Major modification completed (Shooting Platform)

Post by SCJ429 » 18 Feb 2020, 8:22 pm

Get a Yo Dave or similar trigger spring and you will love the trigger.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment