Concrete Gun Safe into floor

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Concrete Gun Safe into floor

Post by rbaron25 » 21 Feb 2020, 7:16 am

Hi team,
Just wondering if anyone has Concreted a Gun Safe into the floor. I’m Pouring a slab and wanted to set a 5 gun safe lying down into the floor...
rbaron25
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Concrete Gun Safe into floor

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 21 Feb 2020, 7:32 am

I don't think there will be issue re LRD

But it's lying down, so no drainage, Being qld there might be a fair bit of moisture. Including rust on the safe and guns. If you want to get more than 3 guns your safe will not be able to hold. Lastly if water was to seap in, no drainage will mean your guns will be stuffed if you don't realise for a month.

You could be fine. Or maybe put it in the wall with a hidden panel of plaster infront of it.

I won't do it. But i am not an expert
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by No1_49er » 21 Feb 2020, 10:10 am

Presumably you're going to buy another safe when you move to a new property?
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 21 Feb 2020, 12:04 pm

A slap is a sponge allowing transmission of moisture. If u sit a particle board cupboard onto a dry slab in a garage, even though the slab seems dry for many months After a while the cupboard will show signs of blowing up From a security point of view it’s a good idea. I’m guessing a portion of safes are stolen rather than opened on site with crow bars
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by FNQ » 21 Feb 2020, 2:29 pm

Never done it.
If you go ahead post the results as I'm very interested.
Gamo CF.177, Savage A.22ss, JW15A, Savage 42 .22/.410, Stirlng .22MAG, Howa .223 stainless, Remington 770 .308, Savage AXIS .30-06, #4 MK1 .303, #4 MK2 .303,#5 .303, Akkar Churchill O/U 12ga, Chippa lever 12ga.

GSM 1911 .22, Glock 17A 9mm, Glock 34 9mm
FNQ
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by rbaron25 » 21 Feb 2020, 10:00 pm

Built with idea to not move again. Didn’t think through the moisture thing. I did notice floor safes have a shroud around them then sit inside. I was curious to if anyone had out a safe into a slab before. Sounds
Ike no for drainage, portability. I liked the idea of it being hidden and harder to get at and/or move. Might have to rethink. I’ll talk to a gun safe dude next weekend and see how much they laugh...
rbaron25
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment