Bipods & Slings

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Bipods & Slings

Post by Stix » 12 Mar 2020, 6:49 pm

How do you guys n girls carry a rifle with sling & bipod attached...?

Is there a comfortable way to carry a rifle with both...?
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Re: Bipods & Slings

Post by Pudlux » 12 Mar 2020, 7:06 pm

I haven't found a comfortable way yet so attach bipod when needed. That said, l don't have a safari sling so that may work.
Pudlux
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 12 Mar 2020, 7:22 pm

Stix wrote:How do you guys n girls carry a rifle with sling & bipod attached...?

Is there a comfortable way to carry a rifle with both...?

I use single-point slings rather than sling across my back. Really doesn't matter if the bipod is on or not, but my bipods are QD.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 12 Mar 2020, 7:37 pm

As much as I hated the idea of carrying a bipod fitted rifle , it all worked out fine and I have no trouble at all , nothing is in the way. My bipod ( 75 dollar Winchester brand ) attaches to my stud and the bipod legs point fwd towards the muzzle. My bipod is fitted with another sling fixing point so I just attach my sling to that ... it’s just like carry a slinged rifle with nothing in the way. Wouldn’t be without it now .... with bipod on the ground and my elbows and body on the ground prone with heaps of ground contact any pig within 200 is down
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Stix » 12 Mar 2020, 8:02 pm

Got pics of the attachment BLR...?

I dont get how it is comfortable to carry over your shoulder.

Also...im obviously useless at internet searching, i cant figure out this QD bizo...
Everything i find is the attachment that goes on the bipid--but i couldnt find anything below $100 or so that attaches to the rifle...?

So how do people "quickly attach/detach" a bipod form the for end of the standard factory rifle that is supplied with a single stud in the stock...?
Surely these attachments csnt cost more than a pic rail...?
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 12 Mar 2020, 8:06 pm

Stix wrote:Got pics of the attachment BLR...?

I dont get how it is comfortable to carry over your shoulder.

Also...im obviously useless at internet searching, i cant figure out this QD bizo...
Everything i find is the attachment that goes on the bipid--but i couldnt find anything below $100 or so that attaches to the rifle...?

So how do people "quickly attach/detach" a bipod form the for end of the standard factory rifle that is supplied with a single stud in the stock...?
Surely these attachments csnt cost more than a pic rail...?

You buy a short pic rail that mounts over the stud.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tactical-Hu ... SwdGpcra0x
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by scoot » 12 Mar 2020, 9:25 pm

I have an aftermarket stock with flush detachable sling studs in the sides at front and rear. Allows the rifle to sit flat across your back similar to.........
Attachments
Screenshot_20200312-214229_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200312-214229_Samsung Internet.jpg (758.26 KiB) Viewed 6657 times
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by scoot » 12 Mar 2020, 9:32 pm

Uncle mikes (I think) sell swivels and the cups in a pack so the avid DIYer can simply drill some holes and epoxy the cups in anywhere. Push of a button and sling swivels pop in and out the cup. With the swivels off its flush too so there's nothing protruding to get snagged on stuff.
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by flutch » 12 Mar 2020, 10:12 pm

Totally depends on the stock/bipod/gun length/weight

My 270 with a simple 3-9 bipod on it with a pretty ordinary sling is comfy as, by contrast my heavy ass 223 with swivelling bipod and thumbhole stock feels like a bag of steel offcuts jabbing you in the back.
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Ferrisweil » 12 Mar 2020, 10:41 pm

Same as BLR, my bipod has a swivel point on the bottom that you can use the same as when the bipod isn’t on.
It’s comfy and doesn’t change the carry of the rifle at all. I’ve got another bipod that attaches to a small pic rail on the bottom of the foregrip. Have a look at some of the new Spartan Gear coming out of the UK. They use magnets for a ridiculously quick attach/detach. Looks awesome but they don’t miss ya $$$$$
Ferrisweil
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by KMA » 12 Mar 2020, 11:29 pm

I use the sling to stabilise my shot so i dont use a bipod.You do need to practice this tho.
KMA
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 13 Mar 2020, 2:26 pm

I drove away from home to Gympie for work and I’m staying here till Reno is finished so not possible to get pics of my rifle/bipod But it’s a great time for u to steal my rifles if u knew where I lived ....
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 13 Mar 2020, 2:55 pm

So I dont like bipods for various reasons. Your problem is one. So i use shooting stix (pun intended) heaps and some times this.

Mini tripod.jpeg
Mini tripod.jpeg (199.77 KiB) Viewed 6590 times

Works surprisingly well. Bit slow perhaps.These are 11.5 inches. Next one will me 13 inches
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 13 Mar 2020, 3:06 pm

Blr243 wrote:I drove away from home to Gympie for work and I’m staying here till Reno is finished so not possible to get pics of my rifle/bipod But it’s a great time for u to steal my rifles if u knew where I lived ....

Well...

DJ told me where you live...

But dont worry...ill leave your rifles where they are...

But i have a feeling you might be in the market for a new thermal outfit soon... :?
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 13 Mar 2020, 3:10 pm

Too cumbersome for me OB...
I get the feeling that set up would be too complicated to deploy for a quick but long shot.
Im noisy & clumbsy enough without needing sticks to clang about...
But i do see they have some merit...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 13 Mar 2020, 3:11 pm

What you renovating BLR...?
How long is the job to take...?
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 13 Mar 2020, 4:06 pm

Stix wrote:Too cumbersome for me OB...
I get the feeling that set up would be too complicated to deploy for a quick but long shot.
Im noisy & clumbsy enough without needing sticks to clang about...
But i do see they have some merit...

Correct. Lifes a compromise and they are slow to set up. It was just an option.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 13 Mar 2020, 7:35 pm

Old timber cottage vj pine single skin walls with belt rails beautiful leadlight everywhere 11 foot ceilings I think the place was built in 1930 changing walls and door ways , bathroom and kitchen Reno too ....imagine hand nailing a timber t and g floor. And all the ceilings are individual vj so imagine all the overhead hand nailing and punching of nails for every single board and each board probably cut to length with a handsaw no wonder old carpenters have tennnis elbow and arthritis.. I love my dropsaw and nailguns. . it’s a very unique old home I’ll post some pics ... in less than a week I’ll head home and check that my thermal binos and scope are still in the safe and if so I’ll head straight bush for another weeks hunting .... I just bought a kayak for hunting the river at night I just can’t wait to give it a crack It’s been nearly 3 months since I shot a cat. Need to shoot another this trip
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Stix » 13 Mar 2020, 8:46 pm

Gees BLR...A kitchen & bathroom, plus inside walls & doors...all in a week...?
Do you carry your own meth lab in a back pack...?
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by KMA » 13 Mar 2020, 9:10 pm

When i am hunting if a do need a rest then i use my small backpack.
KMA
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 14 Mar 2020, 7:05 am

The project has grown , today is the end of my second week here , and I’m back here after my next hunt to finish off My customer has ordered some special kitchen doors and drawer faces that take forever to manafaccture
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 20 Mar 2020, 10:21 am

I have arrived at my hunting location and taken my rifle from it’s case it looks like it wood dig into your back. If u think about u can feel it but otherwise I’m unaware of it and I have been carrying it for several months without even noticing it , often not wearing a shirt
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 20 Mar 2020, 10:22 am

Forgot to post the pic
Attachments
3B48CEDE-9B9D-4B64-AF8E-E27D2D5850C9.jpeg
3B48CEDE-9B9D-4B64-AF8E-E27D2D5850C9.jpeg (108.6 KiB) Viewed 6578 times
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 20 Mar 2020, 10:24 am

Like your fancy, pancy sling. Got a couple myself. Lol
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 20 Mar 2020, 11:11 am

I like a sling that predominantly won’t break because if the But hits the ground with a jolt who knows what might happen And secondly I hate those big padded sections that slip off your shoulder I like them thin so they cut into the top of your shoulder and never slide off This morning I have been unpacking listening to slim dusty eating drinking killing flies and bludgeing but I think now it’s time to throw kayak, dog rifle( and possibly myself ) into the river for a paddle and look for some pigs. Saw a couple of daylight roadside foxes this morning on the drive in. One of them just stood there and watched me drive by not scared at all
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by solarpak » 15 Apr 2020, 9:48 pm

I highly recommend the Spartan Javelin Bipod and the adapter plated that you can buy. I have one bipod which i can use on all of my rifles which have been fitted with the correct mounting plate (for the bipod) and also has a sling swivel attachment on the mounting plate too.
The bipod is carbon fibre and can be attached to the rifle in seconds - and when you aint using it easily stored in your pocket .
A tad pricey yes but quality.

C.
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment