Australasia Coatings experience?

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Australasia Coatings experience?

Post by TassieTiger » 19 Mar 2020, 3:38 pm

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this company?
http://australasiacoatings.com.au/phone/index.html
I placed an order 1st March for some various products, including copper cleaner, bore paste, etc.

I received an email a week later saying apologies, dispatch of the order had been delayed due to an issue on their end, but tracking no was at bottom of email and it had been posted now - but when I searched, tracking no was missing...but I elect to wait.

Another week goes by - I contact them asking for the tracking no again - as items hadn’t arrived.
I get a reply stating, if I wanted it faster, I should have asked for express post and they have tracked it to the local post office - it’s awaiting collection.

So, my post office knows me very well - I go in again today and they say - nope, you have everything awaiting collection, this is no postal order from Australasian coatings.
I then try and contact the company - and nothing...and certainly no tracking no.

Anyone used them? Are they legit ? Seems very strange...
I paid with PayPal so should be able to get refund regardless...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Re: Australasia Coatings - scam?

Post by sungazer » 19 Mar 2020, 4:40 pm

I have used them before no scam. My transaction was positive I received a small sample bottle of moly coating in with my order. There was a mistake with the order but it was corrected. I think it will all turn out to be good I wouldnt worry. I also know quite a few other people that use them. It may be a side bossiness that doesnt get full time attention. Demand in Australia wouldnt make it a full time venture possibly.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by TassieTiger » 19 Mar 2020, 5:00 pm

Fair enough. Just weird how they refused to supply tracking.
On another note - your recommendation RE teslong bore scope turned up yesterday. Looks good.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by sungazer » 19 Mar 2020, 5:57 pm

Which one did you go for? When I bought mine there was only one option, now they have 3 that i know of. Best bit of kit I think I have bought certainly the best value.

it is a bit weird about the tracking. I bought a knife off ebay a few weeks ago, the guy had a 100% rating and was selling quite a bit of stuff. He gave me a number that wasn't recognized by aus post and I was a bit worried. Two days later it turned up well ahead of expected.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by TassieTiger » 19 Mar 2020, 6:25 pm

Got the NTG100 V2 with 4 side mirror lenses. Think it’s base model.
I’ve plugged it in to make sure it works and YES, I did stick it up my nose to check the definition. Pretty bloody good definition - and bloody disgusting nose.

It’s funny - the instructions say in huge letters, “do not use this endoscope for internal human...etc.”

This will be another case of Tas Tiger having all the gear and no idea - but happy to try and learn. I really wanted the KG12 from Aust coat so I could try and clean copper and then check with scope before a coming deer hunt. Once copper is out, I plan on taking advice from MM and Stix and hitting with autosoal but will look for “spots” to see why this barrel is fouling so darn bad...

Pretty impressed with cam - the mirrors focus the view perfectly for close contact view - other scope cams struggle with close vision, so cheers for the advice - thanks.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Re: Australasia Coatings experience?

Post by TassieTiger » 20 Mar 2020, 10:47 am

So post office found my package after the business finally gave up the tracking no.
I’ll have some hot little kg12 copper cleaner and bore paste, carbon cleaner in my hands by cob tonight.

If I can - I’ll use bore scope to take some pics of the heavily copper soiled sauer 06 before and after kg12...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment