Thumbs up new pair of gaiters

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Thumbs up new pair of gaiters

Post by Blr243 » 21 Mar 2020, 9:55 am

When packing my Ute I threw in my usual gators , another pair I just got from eBay and another unused pair I had lying around can’t remember where I got them from. About a month ago when initially inspecting the cheap eBay pair I remember something rang alarm bells but don’t remember exactly what it was that freaked me a little bit So last night I tried the non eBay pair and my god they were so bloody easy to put on. I don’t normally use an underfoot strap instead preferring to use the forward lace hook to keep them down so they don’t ride up and allow burrs into my socks. As I fitted them it was obvious that these were not thrown together for sales. Someseriousthoughthas gone into their design. They did have under foot straps that were already buckled up. No way do I have the patience for doing up straps all the time When putting them on I just sat down and sort of stepped into them automatically positioning the under strap into the arch of my boots. Normally this is where I now have to fight with the elastic and Velcro and press studs but there was none of that they just fell into place and everything lined up so easily and perfectly sealed my laces and socks from burrs. Then the buckle / hook adjustment thingy at the top below the knee I noticed was a great design too easy to operate and adjust ... I won’t be buying a different style of gaitor I think for a bloody long time. Comfort too , no rubbing and chaffing They have SEA TO SUMMIT written on them
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: Thumbs up new pair of gaiters

Post by RoginaJack » 21 Mar 2020, 4:42 pm

Yeah, I've had a pair of these for years - can't remember how I ended up in the store but they work Ok as you say...
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Re: Thumbs up new pair of gaiters

Post by VICHunter » 22 Mar 2020, 6:43 am

Blr243 wrote:They have SEA TO SUMMIT written on them

That's the brand, yep.

https://seatosummit.com/product-category/gaiters/

Pretty well distributed I think. Places like Mac Pac and Anaconda have their stuff.
VICHunter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment