Gun rack for side by side

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Gun rack for side by side

Post by Nathanthezoologist » 17 Apr 2020, 8:08 pm

Does anyone have any recommendations for a gin rank in a side by side? We've just gotten a Polaris Ranger 1000 and are interested in what people have done for gun storage
Nathanthezoologist
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Gun rack for side by side

Post by Blr243 » 17 Apr 2020, 8:36 pm

If it has no windscreen , lay a towel on the bonnet and sit in the vehicle and lay a rifle on the bonnet muzzle pointing fwd ( engine not running). There will b times you walk away from the vehicle but other times when u will b moving and need to stop quickly to shoot. Now imagine that you need to shoot a fox 100 m in front of you The rifle is already pointing forward and you don’t have to noisily and dangerously swing rifles around inside the cabin .... if the suggested bonnet position works for you then design a holder that will work , something snug secure quiet but quick to remove ......if you want to get all homo you can spend forever trying to make it pretty but in reality the function, practicality and speed is of paramount importance.... my quadbike and it’s things, and racks are constantly evolving and improving. Sometimes to have to make a basic model and field test it , and then modify as necessary. Remember that a fwd pointing firearm is something that you or somebody could walk in front of at some time , And for the safety of others a mile away in front of you downwards pointing at least ten degrees is important..... the set up on the bonnet of a buggy might not work. It might be too far fwd ... I’m mainly thinking quad bike front racks I’m nervous about rifles pointed into the footwell of a vehicle because the muzzle can gather mud and other potential exciting obstructions ......let us know how it all goes once you get it sorted and hopefully in a couple of months time we will be allowed to go do this stuff again
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment