HELP, I don't know what it's called.

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

HELP, I don't know what it's called.

Post by Die Judicii » 30 Apr 2020, 8:10 pm

Quite a while back now (can't even remember where from) I either read or heard about something that I presume is an app that somehow
can be integrated with your scope that will send an alert to your phone if an animal crosses the scopes field of view, whilst the rifle is resting on
a shooting rest/bag.
As I said,,, can't remember what it's called or any other details/info.

Do any of you blokes know what it is/where it may be available, and or cost thereof ??
:unknown:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: HELP, I don't know what it's called.

Post by Blr243 » 30 Apr 2020, 9:07 pm

Damn fine idea esp for your set up and esp later in the night snooze time when your not checking your scope as often as you could be ......hang on a minute .....have I been fooled. Is this an impossible pretend thing and u are messing with us ? If so. U caught me
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by womble » 01 May 2020, 3:50 am

Well at least you can blame something if you identify the wrong target.
I just killed six of my cows tonight, this app is rubbish.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 01 May 2020, 8:17 pm

No takers so far,,,,,,,

It is starting to really frustrate me.
I'm absolutely certain there is such a thing out there somewhere.

I have remembered that it was described to me by a stall holder at a Militaria Fair, and I didn't ask for anymore info because it wasn't really relevant
to any of my needs at the time. Dammmit :x :x
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Tilb004 » 01 May 2020, 9:13 pm

Hi Die

Probable not what your thinking about but i bought a drive way alarm system lately and it works brilliant.

I set it up close to a bait that i have put out and when some thing passes it rings a tone or flashes a light .
Then all you have to do is get on the scope .
i was surprised when i tested its distance to over 400m.

Name is hosmart and i got it off amazon for $ 82 plus post .

hope this might help .

tilb
Tilb004
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by womble » 02 May 2020, 3:57 am

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 02 May 2020, 10:50 am

Last night while searching, I came up with what I was told about at the Militaria fair.
Turns out, it was only theoretical and still in phases of development.
So not much help for me now.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 02 May 2020, 10:53 am

Yeah, that would probably achieve what I'm thinking of, but coming from pulsar it would cost more than I can afford at the moment.
Thanks anyway.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 02 May 2020, 10:59 am

Tilb004 wrote:Hi Die

Probable not what your thinking about but i bought a drive way alarm system lately and it works brilliant.

I set it up close to a bait that i have put out and when some thing passes it rings a tone or flashes a light .
Then all you have to do is get on the scope .
i was surprised when i tested its distance to over 400m.

Name is hosmart and i got it off amazon for $ 82 plus post .

hope this might help .

tilb

Yeah Mate,,,,,,, spot on in a way that will achieve what I'm after.
I was thinking about simply using a trail cam that sends MMS to my phone,,,, but your $82 is a much better price option than approx $400 for one of those trail cameras.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 02 May 2020, 12:21 pm

When womble posted the link about the pulsar free app I was familiar with some of that because I use it to view and share pics and vids from my thermal devices but I was not aware of the motion detection thing. Perhaps the motion detection is not an add on. Perhaps I already have it in my existing app I will investigate further
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 02 May 2020, 12:38 pm

I just had a look at a YouTube vid describing how to use the motion detector on my app. It describes two methods ... the first method I can’t do at the moment because I think I have to download the latest update ( this is normally quick and easy ) The second method is by entering settings on my existing app so I tried that and I’m 99 per cent sure it’s already on my iPad and phone. But I have just knocked off work and sometimes attempt ing new technology scares me if I can’t concentrate properly .... so next time I’m feeling clever I’ll give it a crack. Sometimes in the dark if I’m on a dam I like to bino scan back and forth from extreme left to right but as holes dry up to small holes I could have my binos sat looking at a small waterhole and them a little phone vibration will alert me into WAKE AND GET MY ACT TOGETHER MODE .....so this could be handy I will report back if it’s successful
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 02 May 2020, 1:35 pm

Blr243 wrote:I just had a look at a YouTube vid describing how to use the motion detector on my app. It describes two methods ... the first method I can’t do at the moment because I think I have to download the latest update ( this is normally quick and easy ) The second method is by entering settings on my existing app so I tried that and I’m 99 per cent sure it’s already on my iPad and phone. But I have just knocked off work and sometimes attempt ing new technology scares me if I can’t concentrate properly .... so next time I’m feeling clever I’ll give it a crack. Sometimes in the dark if I’m on a dam I like to bino scan back and forth from extreme left to right but as holes dry up to small holes I could have my binos sat looking at a small waterhole and them a little phone vibration will alert me into WAKE AND GET MY ACT TOGETHER MODE .....so this could be handy I will report back if it’s successful

Yep,,,,,,, ya just gotta think OUTSIDE as well as inside the box sometimes.

I'm willing to bet a few of you thought I'd been smoking some wild woods weed to start with. :lol:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 02 May 2020, 6:28 pm

BINGO. I got it. It works. The motion detector in my binos sends a small audible blip to my iPad or phone. So late at night when I’m sitting there nodding off from smoking to many eucalyptus leaves I just keep my phone close to my ear and I will awake all fired up and ready to shoot my first black panther ... the audible blip is volume adjustable as is the sensitivity of the motion sensor I think I’ll be setting it fine to ensure it picks up suckers kittens and Cubs Thanks dj and womble ....now bugger off covid so I can properly field test this new gizmo
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 02 May 2020, 9:38 pm

Blr243 wrote:BINGO. I got it. It works. The motion detector in my binos sends a small audible blip to my iPad or phone. So late at night when I’m sitting there nodding off from smoking to many eucalyptus leaves I just keep my phone close to my ear and I will awake all fired up and ready to shoot my first black panther ... the audible blip is volume adjustable as is the sensitivity of the motion sensor I think I’ll be setting it fine to ensure it picks up suckers kittens and Cubs Thanks dj and womble ....now bugger off covid so I can properly field test this new gizmo

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No worries Mate,,,,,,,,,,,,,, we'll have to have a beer or cuppa next time your through.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment