Chassis Systems- Did not go well

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Chassis Systems- Did not go well

Post by InisBineest » 08 May 2020, 10:05 pm

Chassis Systems as an Australian online retailer of some rather interesting firearms gear. From what I heard it has some very happy customers.
I can't say I'm one of them. I not aiming to bash any business unnecessarily, but a cautionary tale might help you weight up your options.

I placed an order for a cheap scope mount, paid with card and received a nice automatic email informing me that a shipping notice should come through after the items ship. Two weeks passed and no notice came. I did some research, found that this had happened before to others, so i contacted Chassis Systems and asked them for the status of the order. I also tried through Facebook and got a quick reply from someone who i assume was the owner. He assured the that the notice would come through in a week. Sweet. So I waited a week. No notice, and their FB page disappeared. I found this had happened after a customer had complained on that page about not receiving their order, red flag moment. So i got back in touch and asked again via email if the shipping notice was coming and if everything was ok. No reply. I sent another email giving 7 days for a refund, a shipping notice or an explanation. No reply. Filed it with the bank. Got money back.

Its a damn shame I won't be using them again as they had a few other items I liked the look of.

I won't tell you what to do or not to do, but sometimes a story will suffice.
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Chassis Systems- Did not go well

Post by Aliqua » 08 May 2020, 11:29 pm

All the website (geeky checks) came back clean. ABN/ABR checks came back clean. I've never trusted .com websites if they are an australian company (need an abn/abr to purchase .au) because for me it's an extra 20$ to buy the .au -- why wouldn't you for SEO benefits and the added comfort that you passed checks and balances to get a .au (customer trust).

Some businesses just have poor customer service standards and with the added covid-19 issues, if they dont have australian stock and are importing on order that could cause delays.. or they may simply not be trading as they normally would be again due to the restrictions in australia.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Glad you got your money back!
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by InisBineest » 09 May 2020, 10:34 am

Aliqua wrote:All the website (geeky checks) came back clean. ABN/ABR checks came back clean. I've never trusted .com websites if they are an australian company (need an abn/abr to purchase .au) because for me it's an extra 20$ to buy the .au -- why wouldn't you for SEO benefits and the added comfort that you passed checks and balances to get a .au (customer trust).

Some businesses just have poor customer service standards and with the added covid-19 issues, if they dont have australian stock and are importing on order that could cause delays.. or they may simply not be trading as they normally would be again due to the restrictions in australia.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Glad you got your money back!

Huh, there you go, I missed on their website that they weren't a .com.au. And I was more than happy to wait a long time, especially given the state of things, but I would expect some communication. I wouldn't be worried if it was shipped and took a long time, but I was concerned when no shipping notice was given, even after one was promised within a week. I just can't fathom why you wouldn't reply to an email with something along the lines of "Hey things are pretty mad at the moment, the order is going to be delayed. We'll keep you posted".
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by scoot » 09 May 2020, 10:46 am

Someone on this forum got stung last year. It was a very similar story to yours with no gear showing up and having to chase dead ends to get their dough back. A search will find the old post.
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Aliqua » 09 May 2020, 11:48 am

Alternatively it may be worth contacting known reputable LFDs and seeing if they can source for you. Their wholesalers usually have contacts somewhere.. always worth a try and a good chance to support local businesses.
Aliqua
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by JSS » 10 May 2020, 8:53 am

JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment