SCA Tool Cases

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

SCA Tool Cases

Post by CAVEMAN » 06 Jun 2020, 2:57 pm

Afternoon all.

I thought id show what I've done with one of those tool cases from Super Cheap Auto, for semi secure and protected transit of a few of my rifles. The case contains my 22" Ruger American rim fire, and my 18" Ruger scout. Plus a few mags for each and there bolts in separate padded areas. I would say the biggest negative i have found being that the pluck apart foam is terribly cut and often doesn't pluck that easy. The case body is sturdy enough so i may get excited one day and get some custom foam made. But the stock foam is adequate just a bit finicky. I glued the pluck apart foam to the base foam with spray contact adhesive.

I would say a large action rifle of possibly 22" barrel would fit but you may be tight with a 24". But overall i'm happy with its neat and secure package. And if anyone likes the idea they are marked down this weekend, but be wary the shops were packed.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/too ... t=22&sz=12
Attachments
rifle case.jpg
rifle case.jpg (332.74 KiB) Viewed 7145 times
"Well if it ain't an 8 inch, i'm not paying"

Some guy on the internet circa 2020
CAVEMAN
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: SCA Tool Cases

Post by womble » 06 Jun 2020, 6:12 pm

Very nice. Yes they're good value cases. A lot cheaper than a pelican.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Stix » 06 Jun 2020, 6:21 pm

Good post Caveman... :thumbsup:

Cant afford one though...damit...!!... :thumbsdown:

But thanks for posting... :drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by duddley75 » 07 Jun 2020, 11:50 am

Thanks to Caveman, I was made aware of this item.

I went to my local Supercheap store today and they had three of them on the shelf. I thought I would double check the price at the register, "sorry that sale was only for yesterday"....bugger..

Thankfully the manager/supervisor was in ear shot at the time, she came to the party and said the sale yesterday was 25 - 50%, I can give you the 25% off. Woo hoo (I think these cases were only 25% off yesterday anyway).

Purchase made.....finger crossed my rifle fits (still awaiting my PTA before I can pick it up) . Comparing to the Pelicans, the Tool pro is bigger than their single rifle case (except depth) but a touch smaller than their double.
Internal sizes
Pelican VaultV770 - Single Rifle Case - 127cm x 25.4cm x 15.24cm
Pelican Vault V800 Double Rifle Case - 134.62cm x 40.64cm x 15.24cm

Internal size
Tool Pro 127.5cm x 34cm x 12.5cm

Re the toolbox, looks well made and plenty of foam (top and bottom layer, plus middle layer that you shape by pulling out), has tabs to add padlocks if wanted and wheels make it easier to move, much heavier than I was expecting, but adds to its sturdiness.
Last edited by duddley75 on 07 Jun 2020, 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duddley75
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by RUGGA » 07 Jun 2020, 12:37 pm

The next size down are on clearance for $103. They don't show up in sca site search and aren't at every store. Good for 2 x shorter firearms.
Internal Dimensions: 1066 (W) x 343 (D) x 133mm (H
RUGGA
Recruit
Recruit

Northern Territory

Post by yoshie » 11 Jun 2020, 12:48 pm

I've got a yellow Kincrome one for my pistols that probably came out of the same factory. Very good quality and a quarter of the price of the big brand ones.
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Post by scruffa » 24 Jun 2020, 3:05 pm

Using the same thing for my Tac Shotty and 308. Great bit of kit, also a lower layer for more storage like cleaning kit, muffs, mags etc...
scruffa
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by duddley75 » 06 Jul 2020, 5:18 pm

Picked up my rifle today Howa 1500 in MDT ESS chassis with 24 inch barrel. Happy to advised it fits well inside the SCA case.
duddley75
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by CrackThump » 12 Jul 2020, 11:49 am

Thanks for the heads up on this one Caveman.. I just picked one up for myself. :) i had to pay full tote for it, but worth every penny i reckon.
CrackThump
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by CrackThump » 12 Jul 2020, 1:28 pm

I love the layout in your original photo Caveman, but its stupid question question time.

I know I can have the bolt in the rifle in a locked case.. but can the mags be in the same case. ?
CrackThump
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by CAVEMAN » 13 Jul 2020, 8:05 pm

In QLD as far as my knowledge goes i can transport them together. No different to having a lever action, cant remove the mag or bolt on one of those. I see it as a secure way to move them with padlocks on the box, plus safe and tidy.

CAVEMAN
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by duddley75 » 16 Jul 2020, 12:25 pm

I cut out my SCA tool case yesterday. Agree with others that suggest to glue it down now.
Attachments
Rick.jpeg
Rick.jpeg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 6706 times
duddley75
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Bravs » 22 Jul 2020, 11:58 am

Just browsed the latest SCA catalogue, they have the toolpro on special at $149.99.
Bravs
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by CAVEMAN » 22 Jul 2020, 5:11 pm

Damn, now its a decision between visiting the LGS this weekend or supercheap, could use another.

CAVEMAN
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by CrackThump » 22 Jul 2020, 5:22 pm

Bravs wrote:Just browsed the latest SCA catalogue, they have the toolpro on special at $149.99.

Theyre on special.?? Woohooo..

But.. do I NEED another one.?
Do I WANT another one.?
Can I filter the expense past the prying eyes of "she who tallies the books".??
CrackThump
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Robin » 22 Jul 2020, 6:27 pm

Looks good, I'll grab one or 2
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Dandry » 20 Mar 2021, 9:44 pm

These are on sale again now until 1 April

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/too ... 66671.html
Dandry
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Diamond Jim » 20 Mar 2021, 10:51 pm

OK, these are on sale until 1 April 2021 for $149.99 - is that a good price?
Listing your firearms is as good as a fingerprint.
Diamond Jim
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by rc42 » 20 Mar 2021, 11:05 pm

I got one of those cases for my Walther KK500, it's a lot sturdier than the original case and has lots more space inside for all of the extras.
It's heavier too but has fixed wheels at one end so pulls along nicely.

Build quality and strength are really good but some of the finishing isn't up to Pelican standards such as the artefacts from the molding process but they can be cleaned up if it matters to you. Of course, you don't get the lifetime warranty either but at the price it's still a great deal.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment