Zeiss and Outdoor Sporting Agencies Customer Service

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Zeiss and Outdoor Sporting Agencies Customer Service

Post by 9.3x64 » 16 Jul 2020, 1:49 pm

One of the major reasons I own Zeiss products is the great experience I have had on several occasions with their excellent customer service. My father first introduced me to the brand many years ago and he was always proud of his 30 year old Zeiss binoculars which he often boasted had a 30 year warranty.
About six months ago I purchased a new Zeiss V6 5-30x50 scope for my Blaser R8 6.5x47 Lapua match barrel . This scope is absolutely outstanding and shooting tiny groups with this combination is extremely easy, however one problem....
I dropped the scope on my workshop floor! This is the first riflescope I have ever dropped in my life and it just goes to prove s**t happens sometimes. Unfortunately the floor is concrete and the added weight of the mount did not help the matter. Anyway the V6 ended up with a slight bulge in the ocular tube, everything else appears to function as normal “at the moment “.
Anyway one email to Pina at Outdoor Sporting Agencies and the problem was quickly solved. No hesitation, no million questions, no attitude, just a quick email to tell me to send it back to them and they would deal with it. OSA are sending it back to Zeiss to have the tube replaced at the factory and will quote me on the repair before they proceed. It was mentioned they may or may not charge me.
This is why I buy Zeiss products and is the second time I have dealt with Pina from Outdoor Sporting Agencies for a Zeiss repair (Last time the scope was damaged by a courier).

Brilliant service by Zeiss and OSA.
9.3x64
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: Zeiss and Outdoor Sporting Agencies Customer Service

Post by SCJ429 » 16 Jul 2020, 6:38 pm

It is great to receive good service from Zeiss and top marks to you for telling us about it.

I also received good service but from Leupold. I bought a scope in 1989, secondhand. It stopped focussing recently so I sent it in for a service and I received it back after a couple of weeks, good as new and at no cost.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Bill » 16 Jul 2020, 8:18 pm

outstanding service from OSA and reflects my dealings with them also :thumbsup:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 17 Jul 2020, 6:39 am

Sounds like great service thus far. I hope they don’t charge you because many other similar price point scope company’s dont charge regardless of whom was at fault - lifetime warranty covers off any issues regardless of whom caused them (high end bushnell, Leopold, night force, to name a few).
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Die Judicii » 21 Jul 2020, 8:19 pm

Touch wood,,,,,,,,,, I haven't yet dropped or damaged any scopes.
But for quite a few years now I haven't bought anything but ZEISS for excellence and reliability,,,,, (and I do a lot of shooting)

Good to hear of the aftermarket service.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by solarpak » 22 Jul 2020, 9:34 pm

Danny is a great operator ........as are most of the importers here in Australia. Customers service is very important - and shooters are a tight knit bunch.

I have had excellent dealings with Beretta, Winchester, Nioa - for items under warranty and some not under warranty - but looked after in all cases.

C.
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment