Huntpro HCH16 safe reviews

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Huntpro HCH16 safe reviews

Post by Fouros » 26 Jul 2020, 5:53 pm

hi all just wanting to get some real world feedback if anyone is Using the Huntpro HCH16

Specs look good

Height: 1500mm
Width: 600mm
Depth: 500mm
Weight: 178kgs
Door Thickness: 6mm
Body Thickness: 3mm
Features:
Full carpet lined
MDF carpet gun rack
Pro-Rack
High security digital lock and key override
H-Lok anti-pry design
Door back shelving

Tossing up between this and a spika
Fouros
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Huntpro HCH16 safe reviews

Post by JSS » 26 Jul 2020, 8:42 pm

One of my safes is a HuntPro 16 gun, they're pretty good for the money, I've seen the spikas & wasn't impressed, but that's just me.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by mickb » 02 Aug 2020, 11:51 pm

Mate a third option is finding a real used safe. Most locksmiths or safe companies will have used stock on the floor. You can get much heavier protection often or less than a new gunsafe.

Gunsafes for the record are just lockable boxes, not safes. A 3mm body is less than most ratings for cash holdings in a business, which usually starts at about all 6mm door and body. It would be worth checking out the keypads brand too, ring a locksmith and ask if he recognizes it. The secuirity industry use brands like lagard for keypads.The reality is a lot of gunsafes put cheap chinese keypads on their safes with a key over ride because the manufacturer knows it is cheap. No industrial safe ever wastes money on an override key. If they have an extra key, its to increase security, aks you need to activate both the keypad and the key to get in,.

Old style spoke vault handles are for moving bolt work weighing half a tonne, like a bank vault door. Even a 3000kg TDR jewellers safe makes do with a simple lever handle or door knob after all. On a 150kg box they are a sales gimmick.

Not to put you off buying gunsafes, if it fulfills your legislation and space and budget requirements that is fine.

But just pointing out some of these things have money put into gimmicks instead of steel thickness, which is no.1 priority.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by TassieTiger » 03 Aug 2020, 6:21 pm

Just FYI - I had inspection today (Bought new safe last week) and was told that stand alone digital locks will be removed from next amendment - when I asked if I could use the key over ride as a stand alone key access In The coming amendments - inspector was not sure and said they’d have to ask...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by mickb » 03 Aug 2020, 8:13 pm

Be interesting to see the reasoning. High grade safes including the ones police use, often utliise standalone keypads. In fact there is no such term in the security industry as a standalone keypad anyway, its just known as a single keypad, they are all 'standalone'. The whole idea of key overides is the anomaly. It came about purely from the cheapo safe sector.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment