Trail camera unlocked ,,,,, at last

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Trail camera unlocked ,,,,, at last

Post by Die Judicii » 27 Sep 2020, 11:54 pm

I bought a new trail camera a fair while ago,,,,,, that I have been using to help track down feral dogs on clients properties.

It did a really good job until just over three weeks ago,, when I made the fatal mistake of changing it back to original factory settings.
Then,,,,,,,,, the next time I tried to use it,, it refused to recognize my password.

Aha,,,,,,, I thought,,,, just get the factory password which is usually "XXXX" or "1234" or similar.
I read the owners manual word for word several times with no joy.
There is no mention of factory pass word.

It did however say that if you forget your password,,,,, you have to send the camera back to the factory "with the cash register receipt" and get it unlocked.

Well,,,,,, I had not forgotten the pass word, and there was nothing actually wrong with it so I googled.
There are several You Tube videos that have some chinese gent showing differing methods of how to unlock them.
I tried all of the suggestions,,,,,,,,,, and none of them worked (different brands)

So I ended up ringing the Australian distributor,,,,,,,, and after explaining what had happened,,, and I just needed to unlock it,,,,, this guy asked
for my cash register receipt and transaction details.
I explained that I no longer had them because it was several years old.
I then got the impression that he thought I'd stolen it off a tree in the bush.
So I said,,, that I still have the original box, instruction manual, usb cables etc,,,,, and that you don't get all that if you steal it from out bush.

Then the fun and games (a nice way of putting it) started.

He said to send him pictures of the camera and box etc. (which I did)

Then he said he could tell me how to unlock it,,,,, but could I wait.
I waited for two days and got no response.
I rang him again,,,,,,,,, he said "I will look into it, but please wait"
Another two days, and no response.

I sent him an sms saying I had sent him and given him everything I possibly could, that he had asked for,, and please help me to unlock it because
it was important in my line of work hunting feral dogs for clients.

The next day he replied saying that he was looking into it,,,,, and could I please wait.

Three more days elapsed with no response forthcoming from him.

Then I sent him yet another sms saying that if he didn't come up with a solution to unlocking my camera by end of business hrs the next day,,,,,,,
I would have no other choice but to open a case against him with the Aust Govt Office of Fair Trading.

Half an hour later I got an sms from him which said,,,, "Type (a four digit code)"

Lo and behold,,,,,,,,,,, the solution.

I believe he was just simply being a pr!ck all along.

Not good for business,,,,,,,,,,,,,, cos this lil black duck will NEVER buy from him again. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Trail camera unlocked ,,,,, at last

Post by marksman » 07 Oct 2020, 9:02 pm

thats a good story DJ, l got right into it :lol: :drinks:
and that will teach him
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 08 Oct 2020, 1:10 pm

Ain’t it s**t it has to come to threats...it’s becoming rampant.
I booked a horse ride for kids recently and the proprietor cancelled.
I said refund the money - he said, that he hadn’t cancelled, he has postponed...I said I can’t give you a future date so please refund the money.
No response...
A visit to the place with various “discussion” and refund fine in 5 mins...seriously - it’s getting worse out there.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Oldbloke » 09 Oct 2020, 6:10 pm

DJs issue is not new. I just expect companies to react in that way.

I'll say it again.
Most companies consider the customer/client to be a sheep to be shorn, shagged and then eaten.

The day where companies look after customers is loooong gone.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 10 Oct 2020, 4:56 am

Oldbloke wrote:DJs issue is not new. I just expect companies to react in that way.

I'll say it again.
Most companies consider the customer/client to be a sheep to be shorn, shagged and then eaten.

The day where companies look after customers is loooong gone.

I’ve had some amazing experiences recently - NIOA have blown me away with their customer service...but yes...few and far between. It pays to know Aust consumer law...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment