Howa Mini bottom metal surprise

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Howa Mini bottom metal surprise

Post by ozzielee303 » 06 Oct 2020, 3:45 pm

Hi All
I have been thinking of getting one of these https://www.deltatactical.com.au/buy-db ... 0010-p1033 but they do not have any and emails to them get unanswered,so I thought bugger it,decided to email Vic LRD (License Regulation Division)to see what I have to jump through to get one imported over here :D
The lovely lady emailed me back and said this:
Please be advised that a Trigger guard is a non controlled item therefore an Importation of Firearms – Police Confirmation and Certification statement is not required to import the item.

So I have it writing as well,letter attached and have kept the email,I thought it was a controlled item,am I wrong! ;)
So you bloody beauty,so when funds allow me,I am going to order one,but one of these https://www.jeffersonoutdoor.com/shop/h ... on-magwell
For $138US,$99 for the trigger guard and $39 for shipping,I'm in ;)

Just sharing.

ozzielee303 :drinks:
Cheers
ozzielee303
"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.
ozzielee303
Private
Private

Victoria

Re: Howa Mini bottom metal surprise

Post by bladeracer » 06 Oct 2020, 3:53 pm

ozzielee303 wrote:Hi All
I have been thinking of getting one of these https://www.deltatactical.com.au/buy-db ... 0010-p1033 but they do not have any and emails to them get unanswered,so I thought bugger it,decided to email Vic LRD (License Regulation Division)to see what I have to jump through to get one imported over here :D
The lovely lady emailed me back and said this:
Please be advised that a Trigger guard is a non controlled item therefore an Importation of Firearms – Police Confirmation and Certification statement is not required to import the item.

So I have it writing as well,letter attached and have kept the email,I thought it was a controlled item,am I wrong! ;)
So you bloody beauty,so when funds allow me,I am going to order one,but one of these https://www.jeffersonoutdoor.com/shop/h ... on-magwell
For $138US,$99 for the trigger guard and $39 for shipping,I'm in ;)

Just sharing.

ozzielee303 :drinks:

Plus GST.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 06 Oct 2020, 5:07 pm

So you save AU$34, after exchange at todays rate. At least they are available, but I personally prefer to support locals if they are not adding excessive mark-ups, such as 50% or more in some cases. It is just a shame that low living scum from Harvey Norman colluded with the maggots in Canberra to add GST to imports under $1000 regardless of what it is, bastard as cost me hundreds on my collectibles. Cheers
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by ozzielee303 » 06 Oct 2020, 8:22 pm

Bugger,forgot GST
Will wait for a reply from Delta Tactical,but not holding my breath,if they get them in before I'm ready,then all good I will go with them,if not?
Cheers
ozzielee303
"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.
ozzielee303
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 06 Oct 2020, 9:28 pm

ozzielee303 wrote:Bugger,forgot GST
Will wait for a reply from Delta Tactical,but not holding my breath,if they get them in before I'm ready,then all good I will go with them,if not?

You may not get stung for it, but best to allow for it in case. I have had some things come through without GST.

Brownells.com.au listed the throat reamer I wanted as "backorder only" for $250 plus post. So I ordered it directly from Brownells.com for US$100 plus post. Assuming I get a bill for GST, I think I worked out it'll be a little over A$200. Not enough difference to order from overseas if it were available locally.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by ozzielee303 » 07 Oct 2020, 9:32 am

bladeracer wrote:
ozzielee303 wrote:Bugger,forgot GST

You may not get stung for it, but best to allow for it in case. I have had some things come through without GST.

Brownells.com.au listed the throat reamer I wanted as "backorder only" for $250 plus post. So I ordered it directly from Brownells.com for US$100 plus post. Assuming I get a bill for GST, I think I worked out it'll be a little over A$200. Not enough difference to order from overseas if it were available locally.

Yeah Mate
Forgot GST and maybe they will add it,they will be needing all the tax they can get at the moment,with our debt,it sometimes pays to get it from overseas,but would like to help an Aussie company,only if they reply though :o
Cheers
Cheers
ozzielee303
ozzielee303
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by rossfrb » 07 Oct 2020, 5:15 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:So you save AU$34, after exchange at todays rate. At least they are available, but I personally prefer to support locals if they are not adding excessive mark-ups, such as 50% or more in some cases. It is just a shame that low living scum from Harvey Norman colluded with the maggots in Canberra to add GST to imports under $1000 regardless of what it is, bastard as cost me hundreds on my collectibles. Cheers

Don't get me going about hardly normal.
They used to have a brand name HDMI cable for AUD149 in store that could be bought off Amazon in the states for under USD40 plus postage (~USD15).
This was years ago - early teens.
argh
rossfrb
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by ozzielee303 » 07 Oct 2020, 8:29 pm

rossfrb wrote:
No1Mk3 wrote:So you save AU$34, after exchange at todays rate. At least they are available, but I personally prefer to support locals if they are not adding excessive mark-ups, such as 50% or more in some cases. It is just a shame that low living scum from Harvey Norman colluded with the maggots in Canberra to add GST to imports under $1000 regardless of what it is, bastard as cost me hundreds on my collectibles. Cheers

Don't get me going about hardly normal.
They used to have a brand name HDMI cable for AUD149 in store that could be bought off Amazon in the states for under USD40 plus postage (~USD15).
This was years ago - early teens.
argh

:thumbsup:
Cheers
ozzielee303
ozzielee303
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment