Gun Shop Praise

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Gun Shop Praise

Post by Shootermick » 14 Nov 2020, 1:12 pm

A while ago I bought a Ruger Compact in 243, only got around to picking it up today because I was waiting until the lockdown finished.
I purchased it at Sunbury Firearms even though I hadn’t dealt with them before and they were twice as far as my closet couple of shops, but they guaranteed me one and guaranteed that it would arrive on time which it did. So I paid for it in full straight up.
So on picking it up today, the service could not have been better, I added a scope and the girl who served me knew a hell of a lot about what she was showing me and put up with me wanting to see a fair few scopes before I made my decision.
Absolutely highly recommended gun shop, and I’ll definitely be back there at some stage to drop some more coin.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Gun Shop Praise

Post by womble » 14 Nov 2020, 3:28 pm

Ooh i see it was the young lady who served you.
Because she can sell me anything unfortunately. I just can’t resist. Not complaining, just she gets you under her spell and suddenly i need to buy every possible accessory conceivable.
But +1 for the store and service. They move a lot of product.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 14 Nov 2020, 6:09 pm

womble wrote:Ooh i see it was the young lady who served you.
Because she can sell me anything unfortunately. I just can’t resist. Not complaining, just she gets you under her spell and suddenly i need to buy every possible accessory conceivable.
But +1 for the store and service. They move a lot of product.

Haha. Yeah, it was. But she was great and it truly is a really good shop.
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Tiger650 » 14 Nov 2020, 8:54 pm

They are good folk to deal with, I have only bought ammo and had them do a transfer but they made a good impression.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 15 Nov 2020, 9:09 pm

Indeed, they are a good store, had a couple of issues though. I paid for a transfer to a closer dealer, but that didn't work out as the other dealer wanted to charge me also, so I believe the guys name is Rod, agreed to meet me at a bunnings that was between the two of us. I showed up but due to COVID the testing facility blocked off my access to where he was. I was 20 minutes late to the meeting time so he decided to head back to the store as he was convinced I was at a different bunnings (not the case). I punched my windscreen and broke it in frustration haha. $400 down the drain there. Drove to the store to pick it up, all was fine, except when I got home they forgot a couple of containers. Told me to drive back up to get it. (Risky business due to it being further than 20km away which was the rule at the time).

Apart from that all was good, friendly staff, good looking shop (you thought I was talking about the girls aye ;)), I would shop there again. Ammo was pricey though.
Member-Deleted

Post by Shootermick » 25 Jan 2021, 2:55 pm

Well Sunbury Firearms have delivered the goods for me again. Called them this morning to buy a rifle and paid for it in full. Then got a text early this afternoon to say that the PTA had been approved and it was ready to be picked up. Took less than half a day to go through.
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 25 Jan 2021, 4:16 pm

Shootermick wrote:Well Sunbury Firearms have delivered the goods for me again. Called them this morning to buy a rifle and paid for it in full. Then got a text early this afternoon to say that the PTA had been approved and it was ready to be picked up. Took less than half a day to go through.

Very nice, props to the c*** at LRD for approving it promptly.
Member-Deleted

Post by cz515 » 25 Jan 2021, 7:11 pm

BangWhizzClack wrote:
Shootermick wrote:Well Sunbury Firearms have delivered the goods for me again. Called them this morning to buy a rifle and paid for it in full. Then got a text early this afternoon to say that the PTA had been approved and it was ready to be picked up. Took less than half a day to go through.

Considering a few of your posts today. I think you need to goto the chemist to get a chill pill
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 25 Jan 2021, 9:49 pm

as far as very knowledgable young ladies go , johanna that used to work at rebel gunworks in brisbane was a godess who really knew her stuff with the stock in store and firearms in general . they didn't part on the best of terms from what i've heard, and rebel is poorer for the situation.
my local shop browns plains firearms have been good to me and go the extra yard with customer service .
credit where credit is due :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 26 Jan 2021, 12:02 am

cz515 wrote:
BangWhizzClack wrote:

Considering a few of your posts today. I think you need to goto the chemist to get a chill pill

You would be referring to one comment you would have seen which is me disagreeing with the gun laws and suggesting those that push them get locked up for being tyrants. Hardly a need to calm down. If I was any calmer my heart would stop.
Member-Deleted

Post by Larry » 26 Jan 2021, 10:08 am

I have to say I had the exact opposite at Sunbury Firearms it was a complete balls up they f____ ed every part of the process of getting a PTA and a new gun. I would never go back there again. It took me heaps of phone calls chasing up and multiple trips to the store.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Shootermick » 26 Jan 2021, 10:40 am

Larry wrote:I have to say I had the exact opposite at Sunbury Firearms it was a complete balls up they f____ ed every part of the process of getting a PTA and a new gun. I would never go back there again. It took me heaps of phone calls chasing up and multiple trips to the store.

How did they manage to stuff it up so bad? What gun were you buying?
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Larry » 26 Jan 2021, 10:47 am

I bought an A22 from them because they were the cheapest. The PTA took forever to get and it turned out they forgot to put it in. Then I had to return the rifle not their problem. But generally unhelpful through the process and rude at times. Had to pay again for the PTA even though they are free if you have a dud rifle and swap it. They just wanted to do it the easy way. It just seemed to go on forever every step was a drama.

What was wrong with the A22 the barrel was badly tool marked across the rifling at the muzzle end. NIOA were very good the gun shop not so much.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by brinny » 04 Apr 2021, 10:47 am

Hell would freeze over before i went to that place again....
Absolute s**t service and stuffed up everything thing, including the gun i ordered through them....wrong one.....
The old bloke i dealt with is next to useless and arrogant to boot....
Wouldnt recommend them to my worst enemy.....
A day without a hunt, is a day lost.....
brinny
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment