Timber gun safe/ storage

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Timber gun safe/ storage

Post by Craig » 25 Feb 2021, 8:38 pm

Anybody using a solid timber storage cabinet?
Son and I have outgrown our metal safe and are thinking about a solid timber cabinet. Qld. Regulations don’t give much info other than solid timber cabinet is ok.
Craig
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Timber gun safe/ storage

Post by Blr243 » 25 Feb 2021, 9:21 pm

I did have one a while back , and it was legal but a hammer and chisel can open it up easily ...I don’t like burglars. I want stealing my rifles to be difficult. When useing an angle grinder to steel my stuff I want it to be noisy. I want them to accidentally cut themselves In the process , and I want them to get grinding sparks in their eyes
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by womble » 26 Feb 2021, 4:59 am

I want them to fall into a barrel of hydrochloric acid and roll into an old mine shaft.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 26 Feb 2021, 6:17 am

This weekend I will buy a big barrell of acid and dig a very deep hole next to my safe
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by cz515 » 26 Feb 2021, 8:01 am

I built a real moat around my house complete with a drawbar to keep my firearms safe
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by womble » 26 Feb 2021, 4:02 pm

I filled my moat with burning lava.

Yes i have lost some livestock but my guns are safe and that’s what matters.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 26 Feb 2021, 4:10 pm

I have hot water in my moat with piranhas, so anytime i want i can always have a hot cuppa, and fish at the same time
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 26 Feb 2021, 4:28 pm

I recall many years ago when storage was becoming a serious issue, a cabinetmaker in Sydney started making some glorious hardwood cabinets with ex-bank armoured glass fronted doors, the sort of thing you see in English Manor Houses. Both Vic & NSW cops knocked them back because they had glass doors and insisted they be made of wood, less secure & easier to break, wood. I wonder what the chances are of getting such a thing approved now would be, say line it with 1/8th steel sheet and 1/2" armoured glass front window.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 27 Feb 2021, 3:53 pm

Not here in NSW. Has to be a regulation firearm storage cabinet. No if's or but's.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 27 Feb 2021, 6:07 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:I recall many years ago when storage was becoming a serious issue, a cabinetmaker in Sydney started making some glorious hardwood cabinets with ex-bank armoured glass fronted doors, the sort of thing you see in English Manor Houses. Both Vic & NSW cops knocked them back because they had glass doors and insisted they be made of wood, less secure & easier to break, wood. I wonder what the chances are of getting such a thing approved now would be, say line it with 1/8th steel sheet and 1/2" armoured glass front window.

I don't think any state allows firearms to be "displayed" so I would guess not, unless it had an additional door over the glass.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Robin » 04 Mar 2021, 10:56 pm

I want my safe rigged up to a Claymore and a moat filled with sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads.
Robin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by womble » 05 Mar 2021, 2:43 am

The prohibited weapons list from vicpol, (which is extensive and fun to read for some great ideas and projects)
Lists neither claymore mines or sharks.
So i think you are good to go :thumbsup:

You might have some issues with the UN and Geneva convention however. But hey nobody complies with that crap.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 05 Mar 2021, 7:25 pm

Salt water crocs. And best of all breed them and the older ones you can make use of, plenty of good steaks and italian shoes with a jacket or two
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by boingk » 06 Mar 2021, 9:32 am

Robin wrote:I want my safe rigged up to a Claymore and a moat filled with sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads.

I regret to inform you, sir, that the sharks are unavailable.

What we do have... is sea bass.
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by cz515 » 06 Mar 2021, 2:38 pm

boingk wrote:
Robin wrote:I want my safe rigged up to a Claymore and a moat filled with sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads.

I regret to inform you, sir, that the sharks are unavailable.

What we do have... is sea bass.

Is it a Fender Strat cuz only the best for me my friends
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 06 Mar 2021, 4:37 pm

I have a fender strat ....buddy guy, SRV, Robert cray, Jeff beck, Walter trout , Clapton and Jimi can’t be wrong
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by No1Mk3 » 06 Mar 2021, 9:02 pm

Blr243 wrote:I have a fender strat ....buddy guy, SRV, Robert cray, Jeff beck, Walter trout , Clapton and Jimi can’t be wrong

No, they can't, but Roy Buchanan and his old Telecaster, man could they wail!
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment