hunting light comparison

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

hunting light comparison

Post by MtnMan » 22 May 2021, 6:22 pm

I'm looking for a gun mounted light that I can also use with my bow.
I need red, white and green in one and zoomable from flood to beam with intensity control.

I first noticed the wicked lights A67iC 3 in 1 in USA but found only one place that would ship it here and they want US$72 shipping.

Today through a search on here I found the Predlight 65 trident which appears to be identical in every way. Then I found the Z Visions JB 303 from Foxdog which also appears to be identical.

Anyone have experience with any of them?
MtnMan
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: hunting light comparison

Post by Blr243 » 22 May 2021, 11:08 pm

When I was bowhunting I had an empty shot gun shell glued to my bow faceing fwd. when required I used to slip a 2 aa cell maglite into the empty shell and the crimp from the shell held the torch in place while I drew my bow. But lights have got way better since then I’m pretty sure my white / green / red torch was from eBay or lite shop in Australia. Green lights scare pigs away
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: hunting light comparison

Post by kneelo » 22 May 2021, 11:49 pm

I haven't used any of the lights you are considering but if can live without the red and green and want a cheaper option I would suggest perhaps an astrolux ft03.

They are very well made, incredibly bright and are often available for less than Aud$50 delivered (without a battery). Its not zoomable but is so bright and has a large enough reflector it doesnt need to be and can be programmed to ramp brightness.
kneelo
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment