Gun Safe? Spika?

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Gun Safe? Spika?

Post by Gun-nut » 30 May 2021, 12:18 pm

Hey everyone,

Looking at a new gun safe and it seems all the local gun shops in my area (Melb) only sell Spika safes. Was looking at this one in particular if anyone has any experience with it:

https://melbournegunworks.com/spika-s3e ... base-safe/

Failing that can anyone recommend any good safe brands/models for no more than $7-800, in the 10-15 gun capacity range? I'm a uni student so can't go for anything fancy at the moment.

Cheers in advance fellas.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Gun Safe? Spika?

Post by lcpltac » 30 May 2021, 1:27 pm

I’ve got a Spika Double door and a Spika Pistol safe, as well as a Buffalo River and a Lockaway. The Lockaway is the better unit but the Spika certainly is a good safe, can’t fault it. Well constructed, solid, ticks all the boxes. However, all my safes are key only, I wouldn’t ever consider an electronic type, some interesting YouTube videos on how secure they are, or aren’t .
lcpltac
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by No1Mk3 » 30 May 2021, 2:54 pm

G'day Gun-nut,
I have a Spika the same design as that but keyed only, They are a good safe and comply with Legislation. The only thing I don't like is the lack of top and bottom bolts. I also have a Fort Knox 24 gun which is keyed/electronic, which I only run as keyed, and also has top and bottom bolts which can be had delivered for under $700. Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 30 May 2021, 4:02 pm

I’ve got two Spikas that size with the key lock and I find them pretty good. I just bought a 33 gun Spika keypad safe and it’s a monster, wouldn’t like to see 33 guns in it though. But I bought it thinking that it’ll be the last safe I ever buy. I liked the look of the 16 gun Red Shields too, similar money to the Spika you’re looking at but a bit more room, keypad job as well.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 30 May 2021, 4:06 pm

.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria