Another Gadget (just bcos I can)

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Another Gadget (just bcos I can)

Post by Die Judicii » 25 Jul 2021, 10:27 pm

Just received a nice little 12v digital thermometer (china man) that I've mounted alongside the controls of my shooting rig/platform.
The screen can be alternated between red and blue,, but the red suits me fine.
It is actually intended for in car use,, with an extra sensor for "outside" ambient temps.
I thought that it would be a giggle to be able to just glance down occasionally during the nights and see what the temp is.

Being a chinese import, I didn't expect too much of it, but it surprised me.

# The 12/24 hr clock keeps accurate time.
# I can turn the screen light on or off at will.
# It has an alarm and reminder (not that I'll need that)
# The temp readings also seem to be fairly accurate.

Being mounted in a recessed area it surprisingly shows the difference between the inner temp and the exterior temp readings
ie: it reads the temp in the recessed pocket,,, and the temp from the external sensor which is in the open air.

:lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Another Gadget (just bcos I can)

Post by Harrynsw » 25 Jul 2021, 10:35 pm

We need to keep ourselves occupied somehow, and more importantly have something to look forward to. I love hearing about new toys, keep em coming.
Harrynsw
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Bello » 26 Jul 2021, 5:43 am

Hi Guys

Talk about being bored :crazy:
I bought myself a Lyman cyclone tumbler. Some Hornady case solution and off I went.
I have been sizing/trimming brass, deburring and putting it thorough my Lyman tumbler. Brass comes out really shinny. This activity tends to take up most of my weekend, and keeps me out of the wife's hair.

I never thought I would be doing this, but as we can't get to the range or go out hunting, I have had to find things to do to keep me occupied.
Bello
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Harrynsw » 26 Jul 2021, 8:15 am

Bello wrote:Hi Guys

I bought myself a Lyman cyclone tumbler. Some Hornady case solution and off I went.
I have been sizing/trimming brass, deburring and putting it thorough my Lyman tumbler. Brass comes out really shinny. This activity tends to take up most of my weekend, and keeps me out of the wife's hair.

I never thought I would be doing this, but as we can't get to the range or go out hunting, I have had to find things to do to keep me occupied.

Well done. I don't have the balls to start reloading yet, but I'd love to go to the range, or visit the nerby rural property and knock a couple bunnys over, hopefully the rubbish is over soon.
Harrynsw
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 26 Jul 2021, 11:45 am

Harrynsw wrote:
Bello wrote:Hi Guys

Well done. I don't have the balls to start reloading yet, but I'd love to go to the range, or visit the nerby rural property and knock a couple bunnys over, hopefully the rubbish is over soon.

So are you guys restricted over a certain distance from home are you ?
I'm not up with the regs for down there,,,,,,,,, but I woulda thought unless your going through a hot spot,, or crossing state lines,,, that if you are on your own surely the regs don't prevent you going into open air,, in between trees and bush,, to shoot a bunny ?????????? :unknown:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 26 Jul 2021, 12:35 pm

Stopping at servo to buy ice cream increases human exposure, while enroute to hunting locations . I guess that why everybody has to stay at home
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Bello » 05 Aug 2021, 6:03 am

Hi Guys
In my area in Sydney: Not permitted out of your local govt area (LGA)
Can't go more than 5km from home
Must wear a mask when you walk out of your home.
If you are permitted out of your LGA as an authorized worker, you have to get tested every 3 days.
It's not easy.
I have been sizing, and cleaning brass to stay sane... :crazy:
I have cleaned the garage to an inch of its existence.
Only another 3 and a half weeks to go. If we don't get another extension. :crazy:

Then those pesky foxes will get a wake up call.... :D
Bello
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 05 Aug 2021, 4:13 pm

The other kicker is they are using rego numbers to tell where you from if more than 5 k 1000 than you
might start cleaning lol
Attachments
20200322_142358.jpg
20200322_142358.jpg (121.43 KiB) Viewed 1986 times
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Bello » 08 Aug 2021, 1:23 pm

Hi Pomemax

I just de-primed, trimmed and tumbles around 700, 30-06 cases.
they look great apart from some water spots.
I see you have 9mm, 223, 308, 22-250 and 30-30.
I have done heaps of mine in these calibres except the 30-30. That's next weekend.

Lock down is so much fun in NSW :crazy:
Attachments
IMG_1448.jpg
IMG_1448.jpg (77.04 KiB) Viewed 1932 times
Bello
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment