What hunting day pack should I get?

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

What hunting day pack should I get?

Post by Aussiehunter91 » 23 Sep 2021, 10:24 pm

G’day brains trust,

Just after a good size day pack for walking the hills and packing out meat occasionally. I don’t really have a budget just want to buy something with decent quality in the 35L-40L range. Currently looking at the spika drover 40L (with a frame) and hunters element 35L pack (no frame) anyone had any experience with either?

Also will eventually go to a multi day kirafu or kuiu pack down the track so this will mainly be just for a day trip or so. Thanks in advance
Sako 85 hunter stainless 30-06 Swarovski Z8i 2.3-18x 56
Beretta silver pigeon 686 12g sporter
Savage mkll .22lr leupold vx1 3-9x40
Remington 7615 Bushnell TRS-25
Adler straight pull B220 12g
Aussiehunter91
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: What hunting day pack should I get?

Post by bigpete » 24 Sep 2021, 8:08 am

I'm currently using a markhor wapiti sling pack as recommended to me by a professional hunter friend in Queensland. Its extremely comfortable and doesn't foul your rifle stock when taking a shot. I confess I haven't packed out any meat in it,I've been told its fine for a couple of deer legs and back straps though. So let's say around 20kg of meat plus sundries ,before it gets uncomfortable being on 1 shoulder. I'm personally thinking I might make a canvas and webbing pack that rolls up and attaches to it if I think I need to carry out more,although if I'm honest,20 odd kilo is more than enough for my arthritic knees
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Re: What hunting day pack should I get?

Post by MtnMan » 26 Sep 2021, 5:13 am

If your eventually going to get a kifaru then just get the kifaru. The multiday bags available compress down to nothing if your day hunting and carrying bugger all, yet you will always stand ready to haul meat if needed. Even if you find the bag too much you can take it off the frame and just use the frame alone with a few pockets for a day hunt.

I have a Kifaru gen II spikecamp and timberline 2. I wouldn't trade them for anything.
MtnMan
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment