Bore snake vs cleaning rod

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Bore snake vs cleaning rod

Post by ZaineB » 06 Oct 2021, 1:32 pm

animalpest wrote:Used a bit of old fencing wire to tap out a stuck case once when miles away from my vehicle. Didn't affect the rifle

old man has done the same, still shoots perfectly
ZaineB
Corporal
Corporal

Other

Post by Oldbloke » 06 Oct 2021, 2:07 pm

Yep, about 45 years ago. 22lr bullet stuck half way.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by boingk » 06 Oct 2021, 11:49 pm

Solid rod for the workshop.

Multi for the club.

Snake for the field.

Easy.
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by womble » 07 Oct 2021, 3:11 am

I can have a pull in the workshop or in the field.
But not at the club.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 07 Oct 2021, 6:29 am

Why? Is it because you don't have privacy at the club
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 07 Oct 2021, 7:08 am

"Used a bit of old fencing wire to tap out a stuck case once when miles away from my vehicle. Didn't affect the rifle"
"old man has done the same, still shoots perfectly"
"Yep, about 45 years ago. 22lr bullet stuck half way."

I'm waiting for the one about the bushie(?) who replaced a broken fanbelt with his tie.
Really like that one, please don't disappoint me.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by boingk » 07 Oct 2021, 11:06 am

straightshooter wrote:I'm waiting for the one about the bushie(?) who replaced a broken fanbelt with his tie.
Really like that one, please don't disappoint me.

Hey don't knock it.

Early this year I drove my Chrysler Valiant about 600km away to swap it for a '77 F100.

ABout 70km out of town the bone-reliable Val shot its water pump spigot bearing and almost sent the fan into the radiator.

Solution? Remove the radiator fan and tighten the bejeezus out of the belt. It worked, provided I stayed above 60kmh and below 85kmh - outside of that range it'd either not get anough airflow, or be working too hard to stay cool.

A few hundred kay from the sellers place I broke the belt by having it go through the skewiff pulley setup. I replaced it with a strip of nylon rope I had in the boot, and after a few "stop and tighten" sessions it worked just fine. Not amazing, not stockish in performance, but enough to get me to a mechanics and get a real belt to put on.

There ya go! :mrgreen:

PS: I let old mate know as soon as the belt threw, he was still fine with the deal provided I gave him some cash for a new water pump, haha.
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by cz515 » 07 Oct 2021, 11:31 am

I love it, 60km out of town you had the bearing broke and you fixed it and kept driving another 550km instead of going back
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by womble » 08 Oct 2021, 3:58 am

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Previous

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment