Rifle mounted torch

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Rifle mounted torch

Post by InisBineest » 13 Oct 2021, 7:31 pm

Can anyone recommend a good (non Olight*) rifle mounted torch that is under 300g, and has a decent throw out to 100-250m and a runtime of 1.5-3 hours?
I'm also not after massive peak brightness. I had the Javalot Pro with a nice 2100 lumens, but i never used it at that level. I stuck to Level 2 at 600 lumens and it was more than sufficient. (it was a little heavy and chunky on the rifle though, hence i sold it... may have been a mistake but we'll see)

*Nothing against olight, i'm a big fan of theirs and looking at the Warrior x Turbo and the Odin Turbo atm, but i'm familiar with olight torches, not so much other brands:)
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Rifle mounted torch

Post by deye243 » 13 Oct 2021, 8:11 pm

Convoy c8 it will do what you need easily you can get them off eBay or AliExpress about $35 a pop I have six of them one in particular has been used every night for up to 8 hours for the last 4 years and still just as good as the day I bought it 18 650 is the power
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by boingk » 13 Oct 2021, 10:30 pm

Nice, I see they have reasonbly priced remote switches as well... cheers for the tip!
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by Blr243 » 13 Oct 2021, 11:03 pm

I have the acebeam w 30. Comes with red filter. Still super powerful when filtered. More punch than Anything else I have ever seen. Don’t know the weight. $420 is the sad part of this little tale
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 14 Oct 2021, 7:11 am

I like the one deye243 recommends ! Wonder if it comes with a red led version?
One thing I'd recommend over anything else is make sure its not too big and heavy.....like mine..... :(
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by deye243 » 14 Oct 2021, 12:56 pm

bigpete wrote:I like the one deye243 recommends ! Wonder if it comes with a red led version?
One thing I'd recommend over anything else is make sure its not too big and heavy.....like mine..... :(

There is a Version where the host looks identical I'm not sure of the LED if it's an L2 or not but it also comes in green and red these are not convoy products so not sure of the quality , convoy makes exceptionally good value stuff been using it for more than 6 years virtually indestructible never had a problem with the LEDs either.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Flashli ... 56-20017-0
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by MtnMan » 16 Oct 2021, 7:26 am

I bought a Z Visions JP 303 from Foxdog Outfitters here in Australia. I was looking for something with multiple colours, focusable beam and intensity control. They sell a quick detach windage and elevation adjustable scope mount that mounts via a scope ring/pic rail adapter.
This thing is great! the red LED is awesome. They have smaller models if weight and size are higher priority for you.
I highly recommend it!!

https://foxdog.com.au/collections/zvison-1
MtnMan
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by InisBineest » 16 Oct 2021, 8:14 am

I like the look of the Acebeam w10 but it is a bit out of my budget. It's a step down but I think I'm going to grab a second hand Odin Turbo to mount and save for a hand held spotter seperatlely. Keep the weight of the rifle itself down so I don't have to spot with the muzzle pointed anywhere I don't want it to be.
InisBineest
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by albat » 16 Oct 2021, 7:11 pm

If out alone walking at night i use my led lenser headlight to shoot out to about 100m, see the animal then move the light about 20 degrees to the left on your forehead for a right hand shooter this puts the beam right on line for when your eye comes down to the scope, shot heaps of rabbits and foxes like this , i use the red filter find this very effective out to about 80m
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment