Looking for 6.5x55 stripper clips for milsurps shoot

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Looking for 6.5x55 stripper clips for milsurps shoot

Post by Peterwho » 18 Feb 2022, 1:53 pm

I am looking for some 6.5 x55 stripper clips to use with my M38.

I cannot find any in Australia. The only place I see them available is on eBay in the US and I run into shipping issues. Happy to pay for them in cash, alcohol or any other acceptable currency. I live near Gosford NSW

Any assistance will be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Peter
Peterwho
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Looking for 6.5x55 stripper clips for milsurps shoot

Post by in2anity » 18 Feb 2022, 7:46 pm

Peterwho wrote:I am looking for some 6.5 x55 stripper clips to use with my M38.

I cannot find any in Australia. The only place I see them available is on eBay in the US and I run into shipping issues. Happy to pay for them in cash, alcohol or any other acceptable currency. I live near Gosford NSW

Many thanks

Peter

Hi Peter yes they are getting rarer. I have quite a few which came from the US, I can spare a couple. PM and I’ll mail yu some.

Cheers, In2
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 18 Feb 2022, 7:55 pm

Peterwho wrote:I am looking for some 6.5 x55 stripper clips to use with my M38.

Many thanks

Peter

I bought 20 out of the US a few years ago, I did have toassure them that they are unrestricted here as they were a bit surprised our "gun free" country would need them. Somewhat expensive but they're not something you ever really need to replace if you're careful with them. From memory it was about $5 or $6 each by the time they arrived.

Rebels have some 98 ones that should work fine.
https://www.rebelgunworks.com.au/products/german-mauser-98-8x57-stripper-clips-1pk
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by in2anity » 18 Feb 2022, 8:14 pm

bladeracer wrote:Rebels have some 98 ones that should work fine.
https://www.rebelgunworks.com.au/products/german-mauser-98-8x57-stripper-clips-1pk

I found the Swede clip to be a much more reliable clip in all my “non-k98” Mausers. They are the superior style in my m1895, m1917 and obviously the m96 Swede itself.
At what point does lack of maintenance become patina?
in2anity
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 18 Feb 2022, 8:27 pm

in2anity wrote:
bladeracer wrote:Rebels have some 98 ones that should work fine.

I found the Swede clip to be a much more reliable clip in all my “non-k98” Mausers. They are the superior style in my m1895, m1917 and obviously the m96 Swede itself.

Yes, for competition use I would try to use the Swede, but if you don't have any, use something else.

I just had a look at Liberty Tree to order a rear sight and was going to grab some more clips, but they don't ship out of the US either now.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Peterwho » 19 Feb 2022, 10:41 am

Thank you all for your replies

In2anity, I have sent you a PM

Regards

Peter
Peterwho
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by scoot » 19 Feb 2022, 4:27 pm

Shipping from the US is still up the sh1t. Unless you pay reeeeealy outrageous pricing for the one or two shipping options. All the usual channels are on "hold". I've had 1 item returned to sender at the US border last month. Another small item I've paid $75us shipping on to get it out on some premium type delivery has been 2 weeks now just to get out of America.
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 19 Feb 2022, 4:44 pm

scoot wrote:Shipping from the US is still up the sh1t. Unless you pay reeeeealy outrageous pricing for the one or two shipping options. All the usual channels are on "hold". I've had 1 item returned to sender at the US border last month. Another small item I've paid $75us shipping on to get it out on some premium type delivery has been 2 weeks now just to get out of America.

I priced some paper targets last week, 100 sheets of paper was US$42, plus US$405 for postage.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by scoot » 19 Feb 2022, 6:45 pm

I can understand jacking the prices and limiting options when they're under the pump but this is really taking the piss. The Covid excuse is getting real old. :thumbsdown:
scoot
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 19 Feb 2022, 10:31 pm

scoot wrote:I can understand jacking the prices and limiting options when they're under the pump but this is really taking the piss. The Covid excuse is getting real old. :thumbsdown:

I think it'll take a long time for the international transport industry to get back on its feet.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment