You Cannot Imagine My Surprise

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

You Cannot Imagine My Surprise

Post by Wm.Traynor » 21 May 2022, 9:43 am

I had gone out to the garage to check on a project and was returning to the house when, in the dim porch light, I espied what looked like a box of some sort, sitting comfortably on one of the porch chairs. Of course I wondered, "How did that get there" but the courier must have knocked while I was showering. After bending for a closer look, the words, "United States Postal Service", became clearer. "What's this", thought I; "Is my wife getting parcels from the US?" I grabbed it and raced inside for my glasses, which told me it was mine!
"Could it be!?", I thought. "In this huge box?" YES! It was from Mr. Coggins, the man from Dednutz Products and inside was a Game Reaper mount for my M70 Winchester :D :D :D
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Re: You Cannot Imagine My Surprise

Post by Blr243 » 21 May 2022, 3:10 pm

And u managed to sneak it inside without wife learning u had spent some money ....10/10 well done
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Bello » 21 May 2022, 3:21 pm

You have to tell me how you managed to get in the house unnoticed.
EVERY TIME I manage to acquire something new to add to my collection, the wife manages to walk through the garage and find me red faced :oops:
Even when I think she is coming home late from work, she manages to be in the garage. :crazy:
Bello
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 21 May 2022, 4:28 pm

I sneaked a new rifle in the back door today . So far I’m sweet
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 21 May 2022, 5:45 pm

Get a wife who not only allows you to buy new guns,but actively encourages it
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Wm.Traynor » 21 May 2022, 7:05 pm

OK. The mundane, plain, unvarnished truth is........a) my wife is away until tomorrow afternoon
b) she has known that it was coming for yonks
c) she has known I was a shooter since the time we first met

So, no, I don't have a combative relationship with her although I couldn't say the same for her relatives after the PA thing. Sadly, the weather has been so cold, rotten and dark that I could not see well enough to sharpen my leather stitching tool, so that did not progress today and won't tomorrow either the way things are at present. So I did some inside chores today and am ready to go with the Game Reaper and another rifle job tomorrow. The leathercraft can wait; it is not nearly as important :roll: ;) :D
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by northdude » 22 May 2022, 5:48 am

Good mounts those. Every time I buy a rifle my wife wants one as well. Gets expensive..
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment