After market Magazine kits

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

After market Magazine kits

Post by madang55 » 31 Jul 2022, 2:05 pm

Does anyone have any experience with fitting a removable magazine kit to a Bell and Carlson stock. i.e. a Howa 1500 short action, "Floor Plate" internal magazine, fitted to a B&C stock. Replace with e.g. a "Lucky 13" kit, if I can find one. Shop yes "they think so", B&C say no, the stock will need in-letting.
My wife knows me well.
The dog often reminds me of that
madang55
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: After market Magazine kits

Post by Larry » 31 Jul 2022, 6:50 pm

I would think any stock is going to need in-letting there is a fair bit of material that needs to be removed when going from a internal magazine to an external one.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by madang55 » 31 Jul 2022, 7:22 pm

I must have been lucky with the Legacy kit I bought for my Rem700. But it did need some, minimal, work
Thanks
My wife knows me well.
madang55
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by madang55 » 02 Aug 2022, 2:33 pm

Have had a positive reply from Legacy saying their kits do drop in as a replacement. The magazines are thinner and longer, allowing for the extra room taken up on the sides by the kit. I vene found a kit with a metal base plate instead of the usual plastic. I've done a "hail Mary" and ordered one. If it fits its gotta be better than top loading under a rail. If it doesn't fit, more thumb sucking..
My wife knows me well.
madang55
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment