shortish rifle safe for vehicles.

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

shortish rifle safe for vehicles.

Post by mickb » 01 Aug 2022, 6:35 pm

Fellas anything like this on the market- chasing something only 1m long or so, very low profile as I dont need an ammo compartment or rack setup. I see some larger units out there but I dont need 1.3m long, 30cm deep and space for 6 guns etc. Only need to hold 2 short rifles laying flat in gunbags. the lower profile the better.

Trying to think of other items that might convert to the purpose too....
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Re: shortish rifle safe for vehicles.

Post by womble » 01 Aug 2022, 7:22 pm

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 01 Aug 2022, 8:03 pm

My sheet metal company is amassing. ( there workmanship and service far exceeds my spelling ability ) .. they do anything cutting and folding between .6 mm and 3 mm .. occasionally they will make a complete item but mostly I get them to cut and fold all the components. Then i will weld , rivet or tek screw it alltogether . I have made safes bull bar mods tool boxes storage boxes custom bash plates for under utes and quad bikes. Trailers and a stack of stuff I can’t remember Perhaps if u can’t buy a tool Box the correct size u can modify one or employ someone to prepare components for you.
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 01 Aug 2022, 8:05 pm

I reckon those silly little ammo compartments they build inside safes are mostly responsible for safes ending up longer than they need b
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by mickb » 01 Aug 2022, 8:35 pm

Thanks womble, close but too big as you say for what I have in mind.

BlR243 let us know if you want the job :)
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Gamerancher » 01 Aug 2022, 11:40 pm

What sort of vehicle do you have? I have one ute with an alloy tray that has a trundle draw under it. Works really well as a gun locker.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by womble » 02 Aug 2022, 3:36 am

I think that would be a better idea if you have a tray. You could have a compartment underneath thats secure and dose’nt scream gun safe. Even a second compartment ant the rear of a trundle draw used for tools or something that’s not too obvious. Possibly even have the lock underneath or out of sight.
Bit of customisation involved for your project.
I spent money on a decent hardcase but I don’t use it. Because as soon as I put it in the car it occurred to me that’s the first thing a thief will grab. It just says valuables inside take me.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Gamerancher » 02 Aug 2022, 8:50 am

Get a heavy bike cable with eyes, take a bight around the hard case and through one of the locks or the handle then lock it to the structure of your vehicle. ( Seat riser etc.)
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by mickb » 02 Aug 2022, 10:17 am

Thinking the cable and hardcase idea might be the easiest way, cheers fellas
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment