CMI Safe Shelf

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

CMI Safe Shelf

Post by Lsfan » 06 Aug 2022, 3:28 pm

I just bought a used cmi homeguard safe and it's missing an internal shelf but has slots down both sides Internally.

As it's an old model I'm not sure if I can get the right size shelf and whether they come with clips.

Does anyone have a cmi with an adjustable shelf? I'm wondering if I can buy clips separately and just make an mdf or aluminium shelf.

There are freezer clips on eBay which look like they will work and they are $17 from China.

Anyone have any ideas if these will work?
Attachments
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg (19.22 KiB) Viewed 1109 times
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: CMI Safe Shelf

Post by bladeracer » 06 Aug 2022, 4:15 pm

Lsfan wrote:I just bought a used cmi homeguard safe and it's missing an internal shelf but has slots down both sides Internally.

As it's an old model I'm not sure if I can get the right size shelf and whether they come with clips.

Does anyone have a cmi with an adjustable shelf? I'm wondering if I can buy clips separately and just make an mdf or aluminium shelf.

There are freezer clips on eBay which look like they will work and they are $17 from China.

Anyone have any ideas if these will work?

Got an old steel computer case?
Would be pretty easy to make some clips similar to those.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Lsfan » 06 Aug 2022, 4:28 pm

The slotted strips are part of the safe already, I just need the clips and the dimensions seem to match those advertised with freezer clips.

I do have an old computer case but not sure how I could use that unless you mean cutting sheet metal and bending it?
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 06 Aug 2022, 8:40 pm

Lsfan wrote:The slotted strips are part of the safe already, I just need the clips and the dimensions seem to match those advertised with freezer clips.

I do have an old computer case but not sure how I could use that unless you mean cutting sheet metal and bending it?

Yes, cut up some reasonably heavy sheet steel to make the clips.
You could also just screw some pieces of aluminium angle to the walls and do away with the strip setup.

If you don't want to that then a good hardware store should have those sorts of strip and clip systems you could replace it with.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Lsfan » 06 Aug 2022, 9:43 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Lsfan wrote:The slotted strips are part of the safe already, I just need the clips and the dimensions seem to match those advertised with freezer clips.

Yes, cut up some reasonably heavy sheet steel to make the clips.
You could also just screw some pieces of aluminium angle to the walls and do away with the strip setup.

If you don't want to that then a good hardware store should have those sorts of strip and clip systems you could replace it with.

I ordered the clips from China. I prefer something that looks the part and hopefully it will work. The dimensions appear to be correct. Thanks for the tip anyway.
Lsfan
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment