Gun safe door rack

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Gun safe door rack

Post by Shootermick » 12 Aug 2022, 4:03 pm

Has anyone bought or made their own rack to hold a couple or so extra guns on the inside of the door?
My biggest safe has a door rack, it’s good use of the space if the safe is deep enough to allow for it.
I wouldn’t mind retro fitting something similar to one of my other safes.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Gun safe door rack

Post by bladeracer » 12 Aug 2022, 4:50 pm

Shootermick wrote:Has anyone bought or made their own rack to hold a couple or so extra guns on the inside of the door?
My biggest safe has a door rack, it’s good use of the space if the safe is deep enough to allow for it.
I wouldn’t mind retro fitting something similar to one of my other safes.

No, but I remove the inside fascia panels and put some angles across so I can store my rods, barrels and such inside the doors rather than hang them off their inside faces.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 12 Aug 2022, 6:54 pm

Me too,,,,,,,
I have racks specifically for cleaning rods for most calibers including shotties.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by No1Mk3 » 12 Aug 2022, 7:48 pm

I don't have room for such things, had to cut the cleaning rod rack off one of them in order to get the door to close! Just buy another safe, easy.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 13 Aug 2022, 12:57 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:I don't have room for such things, had to cut the cleaning rod rack off one of them in order to get the door to close! Just buy another safe, easy.

Actually I have just bought another safe, but thought I’d make use of its 550 mil depth by adding a door rack, which I knocked up this morning. Might put some pictures up when I’ve got it attached to the door.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 13 Aug 2022, 6:00 pm

Mine is real basic but functional.
Only problem is,,, I've got some other new one piece ones that have massive handles on em and they don't fit.

100_6179.JPG
100_6179.JPG (465.16 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
100_6180.JPG
100_6180.JPG (438.5 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment