Ya just can't beat quality

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Ya just can't beat quality

Post by Die Judicii » 19 Sep 2022, 1:26 am

I went out on the hunt tonite mainly for pigs,,, but anything else would be a bonus.
I've just finished a heap of modifications and extras on my de mountable shooting rig and wanted to test everything out.
Pleased to say that all worked according to plan and the only issue was that one of the cable carriers will need to be shortened by 50mm

Being the first actual hunt for quite a few months, I decided to give one of my .308 Sako 75s an outing which hasn't happened for over a year.
Once out bush, I started filling the magazine and was very pleasantly reminded just how easy it is to feed all 5 rounds into the mag.
In fact, the 5th round went in with zero perceptible difference in pressure applied to do so as compared to the 1st round.

What a huge difference from the s**ty plastic magazines on todays rifles,, where you have to exert an ever increasing amount of pressure on each successive round just to get them all in.
I find that with my Ruger Ranch the magazine actually swells in width and becomes an interference fit to put the loaded magazine in the rifle.

Being so long since using the Sako and its steel magazine,,,,,,, I'd forgotten just how silky smooth it is in every way.
Ya just can't beat quality.

And,,,,,,,, to top the night off I got a boar and a fox. :thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Ya just can't beat quality

Post by GQshayne » 19 Sep 2022, 8:02 pm

My dad has a 75. It is a very nice rilfe. Only issue is that the synthetic rubber inserts in the polymer stock eventually went sticky, which was annoying.
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 20 Sep 2022, 6:57 am

I think that every time I use my model 70
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by cz515 » 20 Sep 2022, 8:17 am

I came to this post looking for the post by someone how their howa is a better shooter then their mates, dads, uncles sako.

:lol:
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Gamerancher » 20 Sep 2022, 9:16 am

I have 2 Sako 75's, one is a 7-08 the other a 6.5x55. Both are excellent rifles and I use them for Hunter Class in High-power silhouette. You have to load from the magazine and with the 75's, it doesn't matter if you want to feed it through the action or drop the mag out and load it, you can with ease. Like DJ says, there's just no effort required, whether it's the 1st or the 5th round, they just drop in. I have played around during a match and loaded the mag then unloaded it 3 times in the 30 second ready call while watching the bloke beside me struggle with just trying to get his Remington SPS loaded even once before the fire call. Oh, and he has to stop and load again during the relay as it doesn't hold 5 rounds. :lol:
The 75's also feed so smoothly that at times it feels like the round didn't pick up, but it always does. :thumbsup:
Both rifles were 1/2 minute rifles straight out of the box with no load development, first load put together worked. :D
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by bigpete » 20 Sep 2022, 10:50 am

cz515 wrote:I came to this post looking for the post by someone how their howa is a better shooter then their mates, dads, uncles sako.

:lol:

They often are.
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 21 Sep 2022, 1:20 pm

Die Judicii wrote:I went out on the hunt tonite mainly for pigs,,, but anything else would be a bonus.
I've just finished a heap of modifications and extras on my de mountable shooting rig and wanted to test everything out.
Pleased to say that all worked according to plan and the only issue was that one of the cable carriers will need to be shortened by 50mm

Being the first actual hunt for quite a few months, I decided to give one of my .308 Sako 75s an outing which hasn't happened for over a year.
Once out bush, I started filling the magazine and was very pleasantly reminded just how easy it is to feed all 5 rounds into the mag.
In fact, the 5th round went in with zero perceptible difference in pressure applied to do so as compared to the 1st round.

What a huge difference from the s**ty plastic magazines on todays rifles,, where you have to exert an ever increasing amount of pressure on each successive round just to get them all in.
I find that with my Ruger Ranch the magazine actually swells in width and becomes an interference fit to put the loaded magazine in the rifle.

Being so long since using the Sako and its steel magazine,,,,,,, I'd forgotten just how silky smooth it is in every way.
Ya just can't beat quality.

i agree . i have a sako 85 and a earlier L61R finnbear 30-06 custom . qaulity all the way . however i have a S/S T3 7-08 in a B&C stock that is stupidly, and consistantly smooth and accurate every time , rain hail or shine . i've been thinking of trading up to a 85 sako in the same caliber . i like steel top load mags too , but it just doesn't make sense when my tikka shoots so well . :roll:
And,,,,,,,, to top the night off I got a boar and a fox. :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment