Bore snake

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Bore snake

Post by flashman » 09 Jan 2023, 6:32 pm

Hi all just a quick question : Has anynone ever had a boresnake brake in there barrel.....broken rope..........?
flashman
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Bore snake

Post by on_one_wheel » 09 Jan 2023, 8:35 pm

I recently pulled a .243 snake through a .223 barrel and it became so hard to move that I was certain it would break ... but it didn't :thumbsup:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by flashman » 09 Jan 2023, 9:50 pm

Ok thanks for that ,they seem a good idea for out in the field but have horror stories , so dont by cheap ones................ :unknown:
flashman
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Mattraff » 09 Jan 2023, 11:15 pm

flashman wrote:Ok thanks for that ,they seem a good idea for out in the field but have horror stories , so dont by cheap ones................ :unknown:

I have a few genuine Bore Snakes and a few I bought of AliExpress for only a few dollars. The cheap Ali ones are identical to the genuine Bore Snakes.
Mattraff
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Pendous » 10 Jan 2023, 8:12 pm

No, but with any product there is a risk of failure.
Doing as on_one_wheel, you may be able to break the pull cord or the stitched joint.

With regards to the 'cheap ones'.
I have both Hoppes branded ones and non commercial packaged ones as Mattraff referred to.
Of the non commercial/branded ones I purchased, Two were received labeled with the same serial numbers with one being in the same retail packaging minus the cardboard insert. I have three others in zip lock bags labeled with the same product part numbers.
Pendous
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by flashman » 11 Jan 2023, 8:46 am

Might just look at a OTIS cleaning kit for the field , they look pretty good nice and compact ..... :thumbsup:
flashman
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment