Hardcase

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Hardcase

Post by CRF » 15 May 2023, 9:15 pm

Anyone know of any reasonably priced long hard cases? At least 54" long on the internal side.
CRF
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Re: Hardcase

Post by No1_49er » 15 May 2023, 10:09 pm

Not sure of the internal dimensions but might be worth checking out ToolPro at SuperCheapAuto. I use a few and they are very robust. A copy of the Pelican.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by No1Mk3 » 15 May 2023, 10:41 pm

No1_49er wrote:Not sure of the internal dimensions but might be worth checking out ToolPro at SuperCheapAuto. I use a few and they are very robust. A copy of the Pelican.

ToolPro are 1275mm Internal, nearly 4" shorter.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 16 May 2023, 8:19 am

I also can vouch for tool pro, built like a tank.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Gamerancher » 16 May 2023, 9:39 am

I don't know of any cases that long. Can you make your firearm shorter? Long cases are a total P.I.T.A to travel with.
If you are planning on flying and want to protect your rifles from the airlines, Pelican is where it's at.
Not cheap but what is your firearm worth? Longest one is their 1770 model at 138cm internal.
I have a 1750 at 128cm internal that will take two BPCR rifles with 30" barrels.
I also have a Pelican-Storm 3300 that is roughly the same size but has clips at the ends of the case
as well as the sides. I've used that one numerous times for overseas travel with no damage to my rifles,
despite the abuse that baggage handlers have given it. (the amount of scarring on the outside tells a tale)
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by S O K A R » 16 May 2023, 11:17 am

CRF wrote:Anyone know of any reasonably priced long hard cases? At least 54" long on the internal side.

I know cleavers have a few on their website, not sure if they're big enough for what you require though.
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by No1_49er » 16 May 2023, 1:17 pm

This is another option that you might like to investigate/consider.
https://fishhead.com.au/sportube-series-1/
I picked one of these up (a bright orange one) on my travels and find it very useful as a general purpose case. Wrap clothing etc. around rifle/s for airline baggage handler "bump protection".
Adjustable length from 1220mm (48 ") to 2120mm (83") [internal dimensions] depending on where you align the lock holes. Also has roller wheels on one end and a sturdy drag handle on the other.
Last edited by No1_49er on 16 May 2023, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by CRF » 16 May 2023, 1:30 pm

Definitely not cutting my guns down! Hoping to get up to Northern NSW for Rusa this year and want to take my longrifle flintlock. I could suck it up and take my caplock I suppose. But if I do that, may as well take a centrefire and where’s the fun in that!

Thanks for the suggestions fellas, appreciate it.
CRF
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Gamerancher » 17 May 2023, 9:40 am

Not suggesting "cutting your guns down", just thought a bit of disassembly might make things easier.
I have a muzzleloader, ( Gibbs), that fits in a shotgun case if I drop the barrel out.
Never had a flintlock, don't know if they are able to be taken down like that. Good luck with your hunt.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment