Suppressor

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Suppressor

Post by NTSOG » 24 Nov 2023, 5:47 am

Womble: "High country vic you have some real Wallys . Drive around at night with no lights using night vision etc. cutting fences."

Not just the 'High country'. There's been a bit of fence cutting and gates left open by idiots south of Ballarat as certain drongos have heard that there are feral pigs around.

On three occasions I have been sitting out in a paddock looking for hares and foxes and been 'lit up' with a spotlight by fools in a ute as they cruise up back roads near me. I mentioned the problem to the local DFO and he had also been out one night and had the lads cruise by and point their spotlight at him. I suspect they're looking for Sambar or red deer.

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 24 Nov 2023, 10:31 am

NTSOG wrote:Womble: "High country vic you have some real Wallys . Drive around at night with no lights using night vision etc. cutting fences."

Not just the 'High country'. There's been a bit of fence cutting and gates left open by idiots south of Ballarat as certain drongos have heard that there are feral pigs around.

On three occasions I have been sitting out in a paddock looking for hares and foxes and been 'lit up' with a spotlight by fools in a ute as they cruise up back roads near me. I mentioned the problem to the local DFO and he had also been out one night and had the lads cruise by and point their spotlight at him. I suspect they're looking for Sambar or red deer.

Jim

Hi Jim,
Although you may not be aware of how I operate,, ie: From dusk till dawn I tend mainly to stay set up in the one spot (waiting on the dog/s) and using only thermal gear.
Thus,,,, the "fools in utes" have no idea that I'm out there,,,,,,, and invariably well hidden by use of trees/bushes and or camo drapes over my vehicle.

So,,,, when the "fools" turn up I have several methods of ? dialogue at my disposal.

1) Remain unannounced and inconspicuous and proceed to take note of identifying points etc of the "fools" and what they are doing.
2) Take pics and video footage of them via the thermal binocs.
3) Send an sms to the landowner so he can catch em on their way out.

As well,, on two occasions I've had the "fools" drive fairly close to my location with them still unaware that I'm there,,, whereupon I've fired a shot into the dirt alongside of me.

I also have a green laser pointer that is great for freaking them out.
When aimed at the vehicles bonnet it hits and sends green flashes in all directions which tends to be very unnerving for them.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by NTSOG » 24 Nov 2023, 1:17 pm

G'day DJ,

When the blighters start scanning with their spotlight I shine a red torch straight back at them. So far it's worked to stop them. The DFO is itching to get his hands on the local poachers/fence cutters, but it's not been possible to see their number plates. Of course, they hit and run. Where I live there are miles of fire access roads through the state parks and pine plantations so they can get in and out a number of different ways.

Jim
NTSOG
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 24 Nov 2023, 2:52 pm

NTSOG wrote:G'day DJ,

When the blighters start scanning with their spotlight I shine a red torch straight back at them. So far it's worked to stop them. The DFO is itching to get his hands on the local poachers/fence cutters, but it's not been possible to see their number plates. Of course, they hit and run. Where I live there are miles of fire access roads through the state parks and pine plantations so they can get in and out a number of different ways.

Jim

They have always been an issue. And generally bloody hard to catch.

IIRC a bloke was shot in his swag a couple of years ago by spot lighters out Gippsland way
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment