Mamba mag

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Mamba mag

Post by Shootermick » 06 Aug 2023, 8:21 am

Last night I had feeding issues with my Lithgow 223 for the first time. I’ve heard complaints about the factory mags, but up until last night they have been fine, maybe they’re wearing out a bit, although one mag is pretty new.
The Hornady soft point would hit above the chamber and flatten the tip and jam there.
Would a mag change like the Mamba likely fix it, or would plastic tip ammo with the nice point chamber better? Or is there another solution?
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Mamba mag

Post by MontyShooter » 06 Aug 2023, 10:07 am

I've got a mamba mag for my la102 in 223. Never had an issue with it. Never had an issue with the factory mags either though. 10 rounder is handy.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Mamba mag

Post by albat » 07 Aug 2023, 6:24 pm

My tikka t3x .223 aspire recently started playing up after about 300 rounds not taking rounds from the magazine bolt hitting halfway down the cartridge its apparently a common issue for tikka plastic mags especially .223 I replaced it with a mamba mag 10 round its got steel lips and feeds flawless now , beretta agreed to send me a new mag even though it's just out of warranty so good service there
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment