Ruger stock

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Ruger stock

Post by Shootermick » 07 May 2024, 1:42 pm

Would anyone happen to know where I might pick up an original Ruger American short action stock?
Mine has the compact stock, but I’m after the longer length of pull.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Ruger stock

Post by Oldbloke » 07 May 2024, 2:23 pm

Thought of just fitting a spacer and/recoil pad?

Could be a bit time consuming for you tho.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 07 May 2024, 2:34 pm

Shootermick wrote:Would anyone happen to know where I might pick up an original Ruger American short action stock?
Mine has the compact stock, but I’m after the longer length of pull.

Have you asked Ruger whether they're still available new?

I have four but prefer to keep them in case I travel interstate or want to modify one. If you get nowhere I would probably be willing to swap one of my Standards for your Compact, I lean toward shorter buttstocks. I only have one black one (off the 7mm-08 Standard), the others are the green Predator models. Both types are 340mm from rear of the trigger guard to the butt pad. The Predator has cross bracing within the forend to stiffen it up a little, not enough to make any difference though. I'm near Traralgon if that's handy for you.
20240507_142230b.jpg
20240507_142230b.jpg (404.14 KiB) Viewed 241 times

Maybe message Cleaver? They sell lots of Rugers in chassis so may have stocks available.

I _think_ the Ranch Rifle also has the 13.75" LoP and there is a guy on Usedguns with a Ranch Rifle listed in an aftermarket stock but also has the original, he might be induced to sell it separately perhaps.

Difference in LoP is 1.25" so maybe cut a block of pine to fit while you wait on a replacement stock?

Boyds probably do stocks to fit as well.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 07 May 2024, 4:19 pm

Thanks fellas.
Cleaver’s have them, $79, too cheap not to get one.
I know everyone complains about these factory stocks, myself included. I thought about upgrading the stock to something nicer, but for a cheap knockabout 243 on the farm, the factory stock is fine.
Blade, I’m over near Ballarat, so not that close to you, but if you wanted to do an exchange and post to each other we could, otherwise just keep me in mind if you ever want this compact stock.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 07 May 2024, 5:05 pm

Shootermick wrote:Thanks fellas.
Cleaver’s have them, $79, too cheap not to get one.
I know everyone complains about these factory stocks, myself included. I thought about upgrading the stock to something nicer, but for a cheap knockabout 243 on the farm, the factory stock is fine.
Blade, I’m over near Ballarat, so not that close to you, but if you wanted to do an exchange and post to each other we could, otherwise just keep me in mind if you ever want this compact stock.

That's bloody cheap. You'd be nuts not to buy one.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment