gun safe out of school locker

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: gun safe out of school locker

Post by Oldbloke » 15 Aug 2017, 4:32 pm

knowsnothin wrote:i went to school once.

There wasn't a locker i couldn't put my foot through if i wanted what was inside

I would plan to upgrade as soon as funds allow.

Yep, some start cheap and upgrade later as the collection grows. Fair enough I say. I mean if you buy a cheaper 12g & 22rf, when you start
provided it keeps the kids out why would you spend $450 on a safe. Perhaps a second hand one for $180 but not $400. Safe would be worth more than the firearms.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 15 Aug 2017, 5:59 pm

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but as of this year the school lockers are not aloud and are being phased out in Vic because they are easily penetrable
I am being serious, ring your DFO and check, I am in the geelong region and the new DFO here is not allowing them any more, don't know about anywhere else in Vic

BTW I forgot to say good job and use this one for your ammo
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 15 Aug 2017, 7:44 pm

marksman wrote:sorry to be the bearer of bad news but as of this year the school lockers are not aloud and are being phased out in Vic because they are easily penetrable
I am being serious, ring your DFO and check, I am in the geelong region and the new DFO here is not allowing them any more, don't know about anywhere else in Vic

BTW I forgot to say good job and use this one for your ammo

They've already stepped up the security requirements in SA.
https://www.police.sa.gov.au/services-a ... anges-2017
Screenshot_2017-08-15-18-54-35.png
Screenshot_2017-08-15-18-54-35.png (584.05 KiB) Viewed 2648 times

Ho hum ... just a few more restrictions for lafos. We already have laws that make it illegal to steal. So what happens when laws don't work?... we make more laws.

I use to use a single steel locker but I upgraded when I heard that the NFA review would mean that storage requirements would be toughened up.
I also took the opportunity to move the safe into the house, mainly because it's a better environment for storage in there.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Previous

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment