Atlasworx DBM?

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Atlasworx DBM?

Post by Kaine » 16 Jul 2014, 5:53 pm

Does anyone here have any experience with these guys?
I stumbled across them on ebay when looking for DBM options for a Howa. Can only find an old SH thread about them (three years old) and a few references to them, more in passing than anything. The only negative I have been able to find is that (3 years ago mind you) some people were having trouble with rifles chambered in .223 in the Rem 700 platform.
They operate out of WA here in Oz, and run cheaper than CDI, also using AI mags.

Here they are:
http://www.ebay.com/usr/atlasworxsinternational
I also found a dedicated website, but can't find where I put the link.

Uhh, just to qualify, I am not affiliated with nor do I give a damn about the company, I am just interested to know if they make good aftermarket parts.
Si vis pacem fac bellum
Kaine
Private
Private

Queensland

Re: Atlasworx DBM?

Post by Westy » 17 Jul 2014, 7:07 am

I've have had dealings with them and they were very fast to rectify the issues with their product, I'd use them again!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Kaine » 17 Jul 2014, 9:50 pm

So you had issues, do you mind if I ask what they were and on what rifle?
Definitely leaning towards getting one anyway, saves me $90 that I can use on a mag and some ammo!
Si vis pacem fac bellum
Kaine
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Westy » 18 Jul 2014, 8:09 am

Had a after market Bolt handle for a Tikka T3 light ,had a issue with it fitting but we sorted it out and they were great about sorting the problem!!!!
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Kaine » 18 Jul 2014, 4:57 pm

Cheers mate, I already ordered the DBM but it's good to know that they have good customer service.
Si vis pacem fac bellum
Kaine
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by NukeBOMB88 » 18 Jul 2014, 11:13 pm

Looks like I'll be going with atlasworx for a Dbm for the Howa1500 then
Ruger M77 Mkii VT .204
Jw-15e .22
Winchester Model 37a 12ga
Beretta Silver pigeon pump action 12ga
Howa 1500 .223
Howa 1500 .30-06
NukeBOMB88
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Kaine » 23 Jul 2014, 6:51 pm

Mine arrived this morning, looks pretty nice and did not take much inletting to get it to fit. Took maybe 20 mins with a file.
Unfortunately I don't have the barreled action yet, so I shall update this thread when I have more.
Si vis pacem fac bellum
Kaine
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Westy » 23 Jul 2014, 9:18 pm

Kaine wrote:Mine arrived this morning, looks pretty nice and did not take much inletting to get it to fit. Took maybe 20 mins with a file.
Unfortunately I don't have the barreled action yet, so I shall update this thread when I have more.

Picks please!!!LOL
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by balter » 24 Jul 2014, 11:20 am

Everyone always forgets the pics!

:lol:
balter
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Monty » 24 Jul 2014, 3:51 pm

Kaine wrote:Uhh, just to qualify, I am not affiliated with nor do I give a damn about the company, I am just interested to know if they make good aftermarket parts.

Suuuure.

That old excuse :P

Just jokes.
Obligatory moderator signature: If you can't play by the rules, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Monty

New South Wales

Post by Kaine » 25 Jul 2014, 6:17 pm

So, pics by popular demand. I wasn't going to bother with them till I had more like a magazine or the action but oh well. :lol:
The DBM came in pristine condition but I have scuffed it up during the 'fitting' process.
Now to the pics, click on them if you want a bigger view and here they are:

Monty wrote:
Kaine wrote:Uhh, just to qualify, I am not affiliated with nor do I give a damn about the company, I am just interested to know if they make good aftermarket parts.

Suuuure.

That old excuse :P

Just jokes.

You got me, I admit it, I am part of a nationwide conspiracy to infiltrate social media and propagate the products for a small machine shop somewhere in WA. Then we shall TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!! Mwahahahahahahaaaa.

Wait, did I say that out loud?
Si vis pacem fac bellum
Kaine
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Frog » 25 Jul 2014, 7:06 pm

I have just installed Atlasworx DBM bottom trigger guard today, very nice but I have a serious problem. I purchased an AI mag in 223 as recommended but the rounds sit to the rear and the bolt doesn't travel back far enough to pick them up..... I am totally lost with this one? I don't want to go back to the previous mag conversion as the trigger guard is nothing but polymer junk in comparison to the Alatsworx unit and the AI mag is absolutely gold class in comparison to the previous as well. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Frog
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Kaine » 25 Jul 2014, 7:36 pm

Frog wrote:I have just installed Atlasworx DBM bottom trigger guard today, very nice but I have a serious problem. I purchased an AI mag in 223 as recommended but the rounds sit to the rear and the bolt doesn't travel back far enough to pick them up..... I am totally lost with this one? I don't want to go back to the previous mag conversion as the trigger guard is nothing but polymer junk in comparison to the Alatsworx unit and the AI mag is absolutely gold class in comparison to the previous as well. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

This sort of thing is what I was afraid of.
Put the old DBM beside the Atlasworx one, make sure the holes line up and see what the size difference is. Take a pic of it, show it to us if you don't mind.
Also send an e-mail to them and see what they say. Did you buy from e-bay or their website?
Is this for a Howa?
Si vis pacem fac bellum
Kaine
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Frog » 25 Jul 2014, 7:46 pm

Hi Kaine, I tried to upload pics but apparently are too big to load...

In comparison every thing is totally similar, holes line up, the recesses for the magazine line up the whole kit n caboodle. The Atlasworx unit fitted very easily into the inlet of the stock once I zinged out the smallest bit of material with the Drem tool.. So disappointed. I spoke with the guys from Delta Tac who I ordered the mag from and they have been really helpful but it seems like I have the correct mag....
Frog
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Frog » 26 Jul 2014, 12:21 am

image.JPG
With the mags lined up side by side, AI (left) Legacy (right)
image.JPG (149.01 KiB) Viewed 8518 times
Attachments
image_3.JPG
image_3.JPG (144.42 KiB) Viewed 8518 times
image_2.JPG
Legacy Polymer base and mag
image_2.JPG (175.42 KiB) Viewed 8518 times
image_1.JPG
AI mag and metal in stock, note it lines up at the rear the same as the legacy polymer unit
image_1.JPG (176.2 KiB) Viewed 8518 times
Frog
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Frog » 26 Jul 2014, 12:31 am

Note in picture 1 how the legacy mag spaces the 204 round to the front edge of the mag.

In (picture 3) the side shot of the legacy mag and the AI mag, the base or rear of the 204 round lines up approximately with the polymer reinforcment rib that runs down the side and to the rear of the mag (see photo 1 as reference).

Also in photo 1 note where the base of the round sits in the AI mag in referece to the legacy mag then note photo 4 and you can see when comparing the pics how far back the round is sitting in the mag and its relationship to its position in the stock once mag is placed in the mag well (see photo 4).

Also of note with the mags installed in the stock if you were to draw a 180 deg line up the rear of each mag you will notice that they both locate in the same position of the stock. (Photos 3 & 4)

Personally I think unless the AI mag is retro fitted with some sort of limiting bock or spacer to move the round forward then this thing is not going to work unless the floor plate is cut and shut by moving the mag well forward by the distance of the spacer block as seen in the legacy mag which is a totally unrealistic option because of the front action mounting screws that pass through the front of the floor plate, pillar bed and screw into the action....

Oh and before I forget, yes this is a Howa, and this is an original Atlasworx floor plate trigger guard brand new in packet, purchased from local friendly retail gunshop - whom I will be revisting later today........ :?
Frog
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by thebrunks » 24 May 2017, 11:48 pm

Just in case someone else stumbles across this post fitting a DBM to a 223 Howa/Vanguard
The 223 has a different bolt stop to the 308 etc. & to get it to feed from the AI mags all you need to do is cut the bolt stop down or replace it with a 308 bolt stop.
Attachments
223 bolt stop.jpg
223 bolt stop.jpg (91.85 KiB) Viewed 6711 times
308 bolt stop2.jpg
308 bolt stop2.jpg (119.38 KiB) Viewed 6711 times
thebrunks
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment