Scope Mounted Torch

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Scope Mounted Torch

Post by Baz460 » 10 Aug 2014, 7:28 pm

Hi.
I don't normally get to excited about much these days, but the Scope Mounted M3X Triton torch from O'Light, is 'Very Impressive'.

Always been a dilemma night hunting without some one to do the spotlight work and trying to shoot at the same time, without drilling a hole through the roof of your new 4x4, and having a roof mounted spotlight, but this light from O 'Light ticks all the boxes, easy to fit on your rifle ( about a minute) and with the remote pressure switch valcro'd to the fore end, is very practical, and efficient.

They say it works out to 500 yds, but that is 'Way Exaggerated', but you can take game at 150 yds No Problem.

I borrowed a mate of mines to try out, and put it on my .22, but straight away realised, the distance it could reach out to so I put it onto my 25/06, and went out popped a few pigs.

Battery life was still could after half a dozen shots, so don't know how long it will last, but by me just using a hand held spotlight, locating a pig, then using the scope mounted light, it was a breeze.

Needless to say I bought one for myself, $223 delivered to Cairns.

Cheers, Baz.
Baz460
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Re: Scope Mounted Torch

Post by Westy » 11 Aug 2014, 6:49 am

I use a little LED Lenzer on my .22 for bunnies works a treat,nice to have something that works well any Pic's
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by stevy » 11 Aug 2014, 4:05 pm

Baz460 wrote:They say it works out to 500 yds, but that is 'Way Exaggerated', but you can take game at 150 yds No Problem.

They're always furfies when companies do their figures.

Half everything everyone tells you and you'll be right I reckon :lol:
CZ 527 VARMINT 223 REM
CZ 555 308 WIN
stevy
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Guliver » 11 Aug 2014, 7:20 pm

Guliver
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Baz460 » 11 Aug 2014, 7:42 pm

Westy, I have taken it off the rifle, but if you go to the Bright Nite website, you will see a pic of I mounted on a rifle.

Baz.
Baz460
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by tommyguns82 » 27 Aug 2014, 8:15 pm

I was reading somewhere that u can upgrade the led but it will use more of ur battery life. I did pick up a copy with a 1000 lumes works well.
tommyguns82
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Pom » 01 Sep 2014, 8:41 am

Baz460 wrote:They say it works out to 500 yds, but that is 'Way Exaggerated', but you can take game at 150 yds No Problem.

Probably being able to see a twinkle in the distance counts as "works at 500 yards".
Remington 700 VTR in .308 WIn
Winchester Model 1873 in .44-40
Sako A7 in 243 Win
Pom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by mobo » 01 Sep 2014, 10:31 am

tommyguns82 wrote:I was reading somewhere that u can upgrade the led but it will use more of ur battery life. I did pick up a copy with a 1000 lumes works well.

There are a few mobs doing that now... replacement high power bulbs or swapping from conventional bulbs to LED in mag lights and stuff like that.
Mossberg 802 Plinkster 22LR

Savage Stevens 200 .270 Winchester
mobo
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by inspector » 01 Sep 2014, 10:33 am

Baz460 wrote:Battery life was still could after half a dozen shots, so don't know how long it will last

The thing I've found with the high power torches is that regular batteries in them are all but useless. You just burn through them.

The lithium ones for modern electronics though work tops.
inspector
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment