Tips for hiding gun safe keys

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Tips for hiding gun safe keys

Post by JSS » 04 Sep 2019, 4:05 pm

Blr243 wrote:Trouble with hiding bolts and safe keys when u get older is trying to remember where u hid them

Just leave a note on your safe door telling you where you hid them, but remember to write "Private Do Not Read" at the top of the note to be safe.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stix » 04 Sep 2019, 4:13 pm

TassieTiger wrote:I’ve got my spare key in my 65kg Akita’s dog kennel - there I said. In a safe...here’s how to access;
Get into the property - we have 9 cameras with email alert, so wave away.
Then arrange to get into the locked pergola area that is also under cctv.
Then, ensure the two Akita’s are not hungry or moody.
Then, find the big Akita’s kennel and coach Em out of it - a human arm or leg usually does the trick...he prefers Asian’s being from japan but isn’t overly fussy...
Then locate the small digi safe, that’s bolted through the kennel floor into concrete - you need the digi pin and...oh crap...another key...
Where’s THAT key? crap...

So you have racist dogs that dont assimilate...?!! 8-)
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by JSS » 04 Sep 2019, 5:02 pm

Stix wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:I’ve got my spare key in my 65kg Akita’s dog kennel - there I said. In a safe...here’s how to access;
Get into the property - we have 9 cameras with email alert, so wave away.
Then arrange to get into the locked pergola area that is also under cctv.
Then, ensure the two Akita’s are not hungry or moody.
Then, find the big Akita’s kennel and coach Em out of it - a human arm or leg usually does the trick...he prefers Asian’s being from japan but isn’t overly fussy...
Then locate the small digi safe, that’s bolted through the kennel floor into concrete - you need the digi pin and...oh crap...another key...
Where’s THAT key? crap...

So you have racist dogs that dont assimilate...?!! 8-)

Come on Stix, everyone loves to tuck into a big feed of Chinese now and then :lol:
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by perentie » 06 Sep 2019, 7:43 am

Westy wrote:
1290 wrote:
cavok wrote:............... The police will ring beforehand .........

No. They wont.
I've had the "we were in the area" before. You can say no, its not convenient if for example you're about to go out, or you're preparing the kids for bed or for what ever 'reasonable' excuse (yes we need 'excuses').... and politely ask them to go away and return at a more convenient time..

Here in the great state of Queensland they must give you 48 hrs. notice in writing of their intent to view your safe!!! No written notice no viewing!!! See you when you make the appointment. :mrgreen: :shock: :o Sorry Sonny you don't make the law you are only paid to up hold it!!!WoW that really s**ts them to Tears!!!! Most have to go back to the station AND ASK THE BIG OLD GRUMPY SARGENT IF THAT IS A FACT!!!!!!

Ohh and Cavok do you need a pill or something, serious brother lighten up, this forum is for education and entrainment purposes Bro!!!!! :lol: :D :lol:

I am in QLD. They can and do make unannounced inspections. Rural property, wife and I had gone to town for the day. Came home to notice stuck in door jamb.
Charged with unsecure firearm. They had the day to poke around the sheds etc and found my slug gun used for shooting cane toads.
$500 fine.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by 8x57 » 06 Sep 2019, 9:05 am

Get a electronic keypad safe, it will change your life, Much like a dishwasher. But seriously I’ve had key lock safes for ever changing to an electronic was for me a great move, no more hiding the keys.
8x57
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Previous

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment