Tips for hiding gun safe keys

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Tips for hiding gun safe keys

Post by Prettybird » 08 Sep 2014, 10:03 am

WesleySnipes wrote:The only place he knew he could hide it, up his ass!

Five long years, he wore this gun safe key up his ass.

:lol:
Prettybird
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by whert » 08 Sep 2014, 10:05 am

Die Judicii wrote:I presume that if Constable Plod, or F/Arms Branch members are doing an inspection, they are only interested in the integrity of the storage unit itself and the firearms that are contained within.

The hiding place of the key or code is of no concern to them.

I would politely request that they step outside the general area, while you retrieve the key.

Or... Do they have any right whatsoever to know where it is?

The only bit which would be relevant is that in Victoria I'm 99% sure it has to be in another room, and not stored in the same room as the safe.

They haven't any right to know where you keep your key, but if you pulled it out of the draw of the desk in the same room as the gun safe you could be in the poop.

AFAIK.
Weatherby Vanguard S2 .270 Winchester
Mossberg M464 30-30
Gamo Maxima .177
whert
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by not shore » 10 Sep 2014, 1:12 am

bs they want to know who knows the location of you keys or code just had a recent safe inspection
not shore
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 10 Sep 2014, 1:02 pm

not shore wrote:bs they want to know who knows the location of you keys or code just had a recent safe inspection

Yeah ?????, so just tell em who knows where they are, and leave it at that.
I don't believe they have any right to know where the key or combo itself is kept.

Its well documented that there are, and have been, some members of police that have gone bad.
Just imagine if that one that is or was, "Australias Most Wanted" had previously been doing inspections of F/A Storage, and knew where people kept their keys.

Wouldn't that be doozy ? :o :shock:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by MeccaOz » 10 Sep 2014, 2:48 pm

I always have my car keys in the car or my pocket, I have them on that. At night time I just place them in the draw next to my bed under my jocks. I mean safes are a great idea, but this will do me fine for now.
MeccaOz
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Seconds » 11 Sep 2014, 4:42 pm

not shore wrote:bs they want to know who knows the location of you keys or code just had a recent safe inspection

They asked you for the actual spot your keys were kept?

Not just if it was in another room or something vague?
Sako 85 Hunter
.308 Winchester
Seconds
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Combat_Wombat » 11 Sep 2014, 5:38 pm

Well how are they supposed to know if they are adequately hidden if you don't show them where they are?
Remington 700 CDL .270
Rossi M92 44mag
CZ 452 deluxe .22LR
Howa 1500 .204
Savage FVSR 22
Combat_Wombat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 11 Sep 2014, 6:33 pm

Combat_Wombat wrote:Well how are they supposed to know if they are adequately hidden if you don't show them where they are?

F*%k em,,,,,,,,,,,
I'd throw out the challenge,,,,,,,,, You find em, and we'll discuss it further. Otherwise its my secret. :lol: :D :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by lole » 11 Sep 2014, 9:01 pm

Good challenge, especially if you've gone the Christopher Walken technique ;) :lol:
lole
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 12 Sep 2014, 12:59 pm

lole wrote:Good challenge, especially if you've gone the Christopher Walken technique ;) :lol:

Reminds me of an old joke about a bloke that went to a bar and had a pet monkey with him.
The monkey jumped up onto the bar, grabbed a handful of peanuts, and proceeded one at a time to poke them into his a^*e, remove them and then eat them.

The barman said to the bloke, "What the heck, that's disgusting,, why is he doing that" ?

The monkey's owner said "Well last time we were here he swallowed some billiard balls, and now he checks everything for size first."

:D :lol: :D :D :lol: :roll:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by schink » 12 Sep 2014, 1:46 pm

LMAO :lol:
schink
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Bood » 27 Oct 2014, 9:28 pm

So been following this thread... has anyone actually been inspected and had the police ask where the key was kept?? I was under the impression if ut was out of sight and unable to be located by a unlicensed person then it was fine... wasnt actually aware there was rules on hiding the safe key..... just looking for some clarification
RUGER 77/17 HMR :D
HOWA M1500 .223
MARLIN .22lr
Bood
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Chronos » 27 Oct 2014, 9:44 pm

Combat_Wombat wrote:I think this guy had the right idea :lol:

Lmfao! :lol:

I see a flaw in your cunning plan....

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Combat_Wombat » 27 Oct 2014, 9:49 pm

Jesus mate how many guns do you keep in that safe?
Remington 700 CDL .270
Rossi M92 44mag
CZ 452 deluxe .22LR
Howa 1500 .204
Savage FVSR 22
Combat_Wombat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bennybigbores » 27 Oct 2014, 10:18 pm

The cop that just came to my joint for a random inspect was very laxed, only tried one tricky, I wasn't home so he asked my wife if she could get the keys and show him the guns as he just had to check serial numbers, luckily she was clued up enough to say she had no idea, he waited for me shook my hand at the door told me why he was here. Quick visual and a shake of the safes to see if they were secured, then walked out asked me to unlock safes returned when open no thought to where my keys were, inspected serial no.s got him looking at the howa keenly, talked fishing, asked him about removing bolts and storing separately compared to break barrels and levers etc said he couldn't care less, they're locked up if someone gets in here the little lockbox at the top is irrelevant, ended up a rather pleasant experience, had a rifle missing and an extra not listed, all fine, asked where it was told him, extras paper work hadn't had time to be proccessed...........nice to meet you see you later. I might have just got a good one, but definetly no stress on my end :P
Howa axiom varmint .243
C.Gustav 6.5x55 (sporterised)
Savage mkII T.hole varmint 17hmr
Chiappa lever action 12g
Baikal S.Shot .308
Mossberg plinkster .22
Norinco lever .22
E.T.C
Bennybigbores
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Antie » 28 Oct 2014, 10:31 am

Combat_Wombat wrote:Jesus mate how many guns do you keep in that safe?

This one :lol:

gun_safe.jpg
gun_safe.jpg (70.58 KiB) Viewed 8491 times
Antie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by keen » 28 Oct 2014, 10:31 am

That's really a gun safe?
Henry .22LR Lever Action
.308 Howa Sporter
keen
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Antie » 28 Oct 2014, 10:32 am

It is.

There is a video for it where they show the inside and capacity, I forget but I think it's 200 longarms or something.
Antie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by 1290 » 28 Oct 2014, 11:05 am

Bennybigbores wrote:The cop that just came to my joint for a random inspect was very laxed, only tried one tricky, I wasn't home so he asked my wife if she could get the keys and show him the guns as he just had to check serial numbers, luckily she was clued up enough to say she had no idea, he waited for me shook my hand at the door told me why he was here. Quick visual and a shake of the safes to see if they were secured, then walked out asked me to unlock safes returned when open no thought to where my keys were, inspected serial no.s got him looking at the howa keenly, talked fishing, asked him about removing bolts and storing separately compared to break barrels and levers etc said he couldn't care less, they're locked up if someone gets in here the little lockbox at the top is irrelevant, ended up a rather pleasant experience, had a rifle missing and an extra not listed, all fine, asked where it was told him, extras paper work hadn't had time to be proccessed...........nice to meet you see you later. I might have just got a good one, but definetly no stress on my end :P

Its been said that guys have been charged with firearm offences after (usually) the wife has helped out by opening the safe then BANG you're done for failing to secure your firearms or something related.....

I think this is a despicable act on the side of the police, entrapment, abusing the good nature of someone to comply with a seemingly innocent request from the law..... Its not right. I would complain to the Local about this, then go higher..... I wonder how many of the 3000?? firearm offences relate to the farmers wife helping the nice police officer do his job while hubby was out in the dusty field ploughing for next years crop....

Get the wife a licence of her own and let them try the prank again next visit.....
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by North East » 28 Oct 2014, 11:29 am

I'm not telling.
Browning BL-22 lever action...open sights
T3 Varmint .204 Ruger...Meopta Meostar 4-16X44
T3 Lite .30-06 Sprg...Aimpoint Hunter 1X red dot

....that will do me
North East
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by cavok » 28 Oct 2014, 11:48 am

This is a most strange topic with so many variations on what is and is not right. My firearms, my safe, my keys, or combination or both, why share the information with a non licenced individual? The police will ring beforehand and ask, or leave a note saying they called. Either way they need to speak with me personally.
I recently sold one of my toy guns, to a dealer I had not met and I promised to drive to his location and deliver the pistol. He said, "if I'm not home leave it with my wife" she works for the shop, I asked does she hold a pistol licence, he replied no, only long arm. I advised as the drive was near 100km that if he was not home no pistol would be left with anyone. It took him some time to understand my point of view.
“When all about you have lost their heads and you remain calm, perhaps you do not understand the problem”.
Per ardua ad astra.
cavok
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by 1290 » 28 Oct 2014, 12:54 pm

cavok wrote:............... The police will ring beforehand .........

No. They wont.
I've had the "we were in the area" before. You can say no, its not convenient if for example you're about to go out, or you're preparing the kids for bed or for what ever 'reasonable' excuse (yes we need 'excuses').... and politely ask them to go away and return at a more convenient time..
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 28 Oct 2014, 8:42 pm

I have never been inspected. But both soninlaws got a ph call and an appointment was arranged that was convienient to all. Just saying how it happened.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by loopal » 29 Oct 2014, 2:24 pm

1290 wrote:You can say no, its not convenient if for example you're about to go out, or you're preparing the kids for bed or for what ever 'reasonable' excuse (yes we need 'excuses').... and politely ask them to go away and return at a more convenient time..

I'd love for someone to come up with some mega-awkward excuse to send them on their way after an unannounced arrival.

"Why isn't it a convenient time now?

"Well, I had a curry for dinner last night and I've just crapped myself. I expect I'll be occupied for some time."

"...speechless..."

loopal
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by 1290 » 29 Oct 2014, 3:34 pm

loopal wrote:
1290 wrote:You can say no, its not convenient if for example you're about to go out, or you're preparing the kids for bed or for what ever 'reasonable' excuse (yes we need 'excuses').... and politely ask them to go away and return at a more convenient time..

I'd love for someone to come up with some mega-awkward excuse to send them on their way after an unannounced arrival.

"Well, I had a curry for dinner last night and I've just crapped myself. I expect I'll be occupied for some time."

"...speechless..."

That would be a perfectly reasonable and legitimate reason to send them on their way. If I ever have a knock at the door demanding an inspection I WILL send you away constable onlydoingmyjob. Convenient is the time I DECIDE.
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Combat_Wombat » 29 Oct 2014, 9:03 pm

loopal wrote:I'd love for someone to come up with some mega-awkward excuse to send them on their way after an unannounced arrival.

"...speechless..."

That's the get out of jail free card

"My hemaroids are playing up"

Never gets questioned 8-)
Remington 700 CDL .270
Rossi M92 44mag
CZ 452 deluxe .22LR
Howa 1500 .204
Savage FVSR 22
Combat_Wombat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Westy » 29 Oct 2014, 9:16 pm

1290 wrote:
cavok wrote:............... The police will ring beforehand .........

No. They wont.
I've had the "we were in the area" before. You can say no, its not convenient if for example you're about to go out, or you're preparing the kids for bed or for what ever 'reasonable' excuse (yes we need 'excuses').... and politely ask them to go away and return at a more convenient time..

Here in the great state of Queensland they must give you 48 hrs. notice in writing of their intent to view your safe!!! No written notice no viewing!!! See you when you make the appointment. :mrgreen: :shock: :o Sorry Sonny you don't make the law you are only paid to up hold it!!!WoW that really s**ts them to Tears!!!! Most have to go back to the station AND ASK THE BIG OLD GRUMPY SARGENT IF THAT IS A FACT!!!!!!

Ohh and Cavok do you need a pill or something, serious brother lighten up, this forum is for education and entrainment purposes Bro!!!!! :lol: :D :lol:
Last edited by Westy on 29 Oct 2014, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by FuzzyM » 29 Oct 2014, 9:23 pm

I currently carry my safe keys on my ring, the spare keys are in one of those combo lock key safes I got from bunnings, which is hidden. Pretty easy thing to hide as they are fairly small.
FuzzyM
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by cavok » 30 Oct 2014, 8:08 am

Westy wrote:Here in the great state of Queensland they must give you 48 hrs. notice in writing of their intent to view your safe!!! No written notice no viewing!!! See you when you make the appointment. :mrgreen: :shock: :o Sorry Sonny you don't make the law you are only paid to up hold it!!!WoW that really s**ts them to Tears!!!! Most have to go back to the station AND ASK THE BIG OLD GRUMPY SARGENT IF THAT IS A FACT!!!!!!

Ohh and Cavok do you need a pill or something, serious brother lighten up, this forum is for education and entrainment purposes Bro!!!!! :lol: :D :lol:

Thank you for your medication foresight.

YES I agree this forum is exactly for education and entertainment and not for making some outrageous, wild political or conspiratorial statement and hope no-one replies, or can't read. :lol:
“When all about you have lost their heads and you remain calm, perhaps you do not understand the problem”.
Per ardua ad astra.
cavok
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bourt » 30 Oct 2014, 8:25 am

Combat_Wombat wrote:That's the get out of jail free card

"My hemaroids are playing up"

Never gets questioned 8-)

Until you get the one cop who used to be a doctors who says, no worries - I can fix those while I'm here too! :lol:
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Next

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment