New safe installation question

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: New safe installation question

Post by Manimal » 18 Sep 2014, 2:39 pm

jennageit wrote:I thought about the garage Westy, but the house is a much better option.

Usually better for your guns too, as well as security.

Less exposed to the elements in the house.
Manimal
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by FuzzyM » 18 Sep 2014, 9:10 pm

Sounds like Jenna's house isn't very weatherproof!
FuzzyM
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Manimal » 19 Sep 2014, 10:14 am

Imagine what condition the shed must be in then :P
Manimal
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by jennageit » 19 Sep 2014, 10:41 am

FuzzyM wrote:Sounds like Jenna's house isn't very weatherproof!

It's bloody freezing in this house fuzzy. It may be rain/hail proof, but it's not wind proof. The cracks in the front and back doors, and the gaps around each door make it a wind tunnel in the lounge room.

The holes in the floor that the owners second oldest put in the floor down the south end of the house don't help that either. We've blocked them up as much as possible, and we keep filling the cracks in the front and back doors but it's impossible.

Still, it's a roof over our heads, and hopefully only temporary.

For those suggesting the garage, it's right on the road so I wouldn't feel comfortable with my safe being in there, but it has been known to be considerably warmer in there, even with the roller doors open! lmao

We've decided to go with removing a chunk of skirting board, and hubby is going to bolt the safe to the floor and the wall. When we move, we'll fill the goles in the wall and floor and replace the skirting board.
It sounds like a lot of stuffing around, but it'll be easier in the end.

Jenna
Back from a break, and ready to shoot again :)
jennageit
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by BobWilliams61 » 19 Jun 2019, 11:54 am

Now I am worried.
I have only just got my license and I am waiting for the paperwork to come through and you guys have got me thinking that my chosen location for my gun safe might be questioned by VICPOL.
I planned to install it the enclosed bay of our 3 bay machinery shed which we use as a tack room so we are in and out of it every day it’s 20 metres from my main house, no widows small door which is locked and padlocked.
I intended to bolt the safe to the concrete floor and weld it to one of the steel upright beams.
Reading the some of the comments I get the impression that VICPOL might question my choice of location, preferring that I locate it in the house.
BobWilliams61
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment