KRG X-Ray chssis

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

KRG X-Ray chssis

Post by troyboy » 26 Oct 2014, 2:26 pm

Hey has anyone got a KRG X-ray chassis. If so what's the good's and bad's??
Savage Model 93 Varmint .22 Mag
Tikka T3 Varmint .243 Win
Marlin 336 .30-30 Win
Howa M1500 .308 Win
Remington 700 tactical .308 Win
Longbranch No4 Mk1 .303
US No4 Mk1 .303
troyboy
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: KRG X-Ray chssis

Post by Silver87 » 29 Oct 2014, 9:42 pm

G'day mate,
No X-Ray here but I do have the whiskey 3 chassis which shares most of it's ergonomics and I really like it. I don't play with the length of pull adjustment anymore so the X-ray using a spacer system in lieu of quick adjust shouldn't be much of a disadvantage once you find a comfortable length.

The adjustable cheek rest is nice and I do often tweak it for standing, sitting and prone positions, I've actually got an X-ray rubber overmold on it's way to replace my Gen 3 one. Spot to ride your thumb on the grip is also great once you get used to it and enables fast working of the bolt and I've never had magazine seating or releasing problems.

I can't comment on the true feel of the X-ray as it does have a lot more plastic construction but I believe KRG does a good job.
Silver87
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Supporter » 30 Oct 2014, 2:09 pm

They're a promising looking stock.

A shooting partner of mine was on the cusp of getting one but with WA Pol widening the 'military appearance' net out west he put it off. What with guys losing their rifles at the moment.
Winchester 1894 30-30
Howa Varminter .204 Ruger
Savage Model 10/110 Trophy Hunter XP 30-06 Springfield
Supporter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Westaus » 30 Nov 2015, 5:52 pm

Anyone given one of these a good go yet?
Westaus
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Homer » 01 Dec 2015, 7:35 am

G'Day Fella's,

Troyboy, do yourself a favour, and have a look at these Australian designed and manufactured Chassis stocks!
http://www.gcpdarms.com
The GCPD Arms Chassis Stocks, are one of, if not the most innovative (in both Design and Manufacture) and precisely made chassis stocks on the planet!!!

Hope that helps

Regards
Homer
Homer
Corporal
Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 01 Dec 2015, 8:04 am

troyboy wrote:Hey has anyone got a KRG X-ray chassis. If so what's the good's and bad's??

Looks interesting, I thought it might be more of a skeletonised outfit.... pistol grip looks comfortable, plenty of mounting hole for all your tactical sh....stuff...suit Tikka and Rem700 only, I see....

what are they worth?

Homer wrote:Troyboy, do yourself a favour, and have a look at these Australian designed and manufactured Chassis stocks!

The GCPD Arms Chassis Stocks, are one of, if not the most innovative (in both Design and Manufacture) and precisely made chassis stocks on the planet!

Any interest to declare there Homer?

What is the most ground breaking innovation.....in the whole planet? I really do want to know :thumbsup:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Tiiger » 01 Dec 2015, 11:03 am

The GCPD one looks nice.

Still much too scary for you blokes out west sorry Supporter :P
Tiiger
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland