Anyone go-pro'ing their shooting?

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Anyone go-pro'ing their shooting?

Post by becks » 11 Feb 2015, 2:01 pm

Thinking about buying one but they're a few hundred so not peanuts.

Anyone doing this?

I'm sure you'll get some good vids, just don't want to buy one and have the novelty wear off and it ends up on the shelf.
Howa Ranchland 7mm
Remington 7600 pump-action .243
Martin XT-22
becks
Private
Private

South Australia

Re: Anyone go-pro'ing their shooting?

Post by Sam45 » 11 Feb 2015, 7:35 pm

Go Pro's are awesome and can be used for many things besides shooting. I think it would be good to see some youtube footage. I have seen a few done and they come up pretty good.
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Combat_Wombat » 11 Feb 2015, 8:24 pm

I've got a different brand camera that I've used twice. Forgot to turn it on shooting one pig and pushed the wrong button with the others :thumbsdown: but a bloke that I go with wears his go pro on a mount on his head. Looks bloody ridiculous but gets some good footage chasing them on the quad. Only downside is no zoom so if you shoot a pig past 50m or so all you see is a little black blob go down so remember to go and have a good look at it otherwise the footage isn't fantastic haha. Have to be the director of your own shooting video.
Remington 700 CDL .270
Rossi M92 44mag
CZ 452 deluxe .22LR
Howa 1500 .204
Savage FVSR 22
Combat_Wombat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 11 Feb 2015, 9:13 pm

Just bought one of these cameras http://www.atncorp.com/atn-shot-trak-hd-x not to capture kills but more as an aid to improving my accuracy. These are around $229 AUD so good value when compared to the Go-Pro and they have a x5 fixed zoom. The problem I found mounting a Go-Pro was where to mount it where as this unit has a purpose built picatinmy mount.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Rocker » 13 Feb 2015, 3:08 pm

I got one from Santa this year, hadn't thought of it but I should give a few shoots a go.

Sounds like fun.
Sako A7 30-06
Marlin 1895 Guide Gun 45-70
Rocker
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Vati » 13 Feb 2015, 3:09 pm

brett1868 wrote:Just bought one of these cameras

That's schmick.

Picatinny and everything.
Reach out and touch...
Vati
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by huccl » 17 Feb 2015, 2:43 pm

Gotta knock up a bracket and I'll be giving it a go.
Browning A-Bolt M-1000 Eclipse 308 Win
CZ 453 Varmint 22LR
huccl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Lorgar » 20 Feb 2015, 1:16 pm

Soon. I had decided on the GoPro I wanted... Just in time for it to get superseded and no longer available :lol:

Deciding on the Hero4 Silver at the moment.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Sam45 » 28 Feb 2015, 8:39 am

Lorgar wrote:Soon. I had decided on the GoPro I wanted... Just in time for it to get superseded and no longer available :lol:

Deciding on the Hero4 Silver at the moment.

I have the Black, they are an awesome camera and the mounts available are huge. Head mounts, chest mounts. The limit to where and when you use them is limitless tbh.
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Lorgar » 02 Mar 2015, 11:15 am

Ended up going ahead with the Hero4 Silver.

Only been using it as a dashcam so far, quality is obviously very good though. Pleased with the choice.

Got a few choice roads picked our for some scenic drives and recordings to make the most of it.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by lole » 06 Mar 2015, 9:42 am

Damn the accessories are expensive... http://shop.gopro.com/APAC/mounts/sport ... M-001.html

Sportsman mount to stick the camera on your gun or fishing rod, $100 for a little plastic case!!
lole
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by tito » 05 Apr 2015, 7:44 pm

becks wrote:Thinking about buying one but they're a few hundred so not peanuts.

Anyone doing this?

I'm sure you'll get some good vids, just don't want to buy one and have the novelty wear off and it ends up on the shelf.

I have mine ( gopro3 ) mounted on the scope of my 243 tikka , works great , just short cut the menu to get to video record , mine is 2 years old a mate purchased one last month , not the same quality in regard to the clear case ps was looking at Jonnyappleseed gps web page , they had a video only gopro , half the price of the standard camera , good luck
tito
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by becks » 07 Apr 2015, 10:35 am

I was looking at the 3 but that's been replaced by the 4 now which is heaps more expensive :(
Howa Ranchland 7mm
Remington 7600 pump-action .243
Martin XT-22
becks
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by tito » 09 Apr 2015, 9:31 pm

becks wrote:I was looking at the 3 but that's been replaced by the 4 now which is heaps more expensive :(

Check out jonnyappleseed gps , I just purchased my second gps from them , great service
tito
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Smiley » 10 Apr 2015, 7:18 pm

I also got 1 from Santa. I have been playing with it a lot but don't have much footage worth sharing as yet. I am not very computer savvy but I am getting to know an editing program.
This is my first attempt at Gopro. I was demonstrating a new event we are trying to get going at our club.

Practical rifle from props: https://youtu.be/cuXRx0fELkI
Smiley
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by sarki » 11 Apr 2015, 9:25 am

Seems like fun for small calibre stuff, no point on bigger ones I reckon because you can't see anything on film of the shot over the recoil flipping you up.
Dear Santa,
Please bring me a Desert Tactical Arms SRS-A1 Rifle in .338 Lapua Magnum.
I'll be good with it, I promise!
sarki
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Sam45 » 11 Apr 2015, 12:45 pm

sarki wrote:Seems like fun for small calibre stuff, no point on bigger ones I reckon because you can't see anything on film of the shot over the recoil flipping you up.

Ah for the Go Pro you can get a head band mount! Attach the go pro, the slid on your head. It's exactly the same as those little headlamp set ups :) I have one and will do a demo video as soon as i pick up my rifle and go to the range. :D
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Combat_Wombat » 11 Apr 2015, 2:31 pm

Just remember with a go pro shoot you are the cameraman and director. If it's a head mounted on make sure you keep it trained on whatever you shoot, walk over it it because running looks terrible and have a good look at what you have shot. Also commentating the action helps because it gets a bit boring for other people to watch.

Also adding music to the video is pretty cool.
Remington 700 CDL .270
Rossi M92 44mag
CZ 452 deluxe .22LR
Howa 1500 .204
Savage FVSR 22
Combat_Wombat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Rocker » 13 Apr 2015, 11:31 am

sarki wrote:Seems like fun for small calibre stuff, no point on bigger ones I reckon because you can't see anything on film of the shot over the recoil flipping you up.

Still, video of a good hunt would be good :)

Film the stalking and the build up. Or the target instead with head/chest mounted stuff.
Sako A7 30-06
Marlin 1895 Guide Gun 45-70
Rocker
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment