Pull through knife sharpeners

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Pull through knife sharpeners

Post by Westy » 08 Mar 2015, 7:36 am

bigfellascott wrote:The clever people don't go out in the field with blunt knives to start with :lol: and those that need to touch em up can use the window on their vehicles or a steel if need be.

I wouldn't like to put a profile on a blade with that Warthog thing! :lol: :lol: you'd be there forever - the paper wheel s**ts all over those gimmicky things super fast and a razor sharp edge in a matter of seconds. After all how bad can the Paper Wheel system be when custom knife makers use em and recommend em? :D

But you keep using ol school mate, it matches the Plastikka nicely :D

Yep as always No idea I guess you've never butchered a deer so you wouldn't have a clue as normal just shoot the BIG FAT MOUTH OFF Again !!! For the other normal people here when hitting bone a tough sinue while striping down a carcase it can really TAKE THE EDGE OFF YOUR KNIFE SO HAVING EITHER 2 KNIVES OR A SHARPNER IN THE FEILD IS A BONUS!!! But real hunters would more than likely already know this one!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Re: Pull through knife sharpeners

Post by Zilla » 08 Mar 2015, 10:47 am

Lorgar wrote:I normally use stone/steel but watching the Global video on their sharpener it looks to do a pretty good job and from a reputable knife brand I wouldn't think they're damaging like some are.

Guess you'll see.

A lot of good brands don't make these kinds of sharpeners at all too though so that's an indication.
Ruger M77 mark II Target Rifle 6.5mm Creedmoor - Redfield Revolution 4-12x40mm
Ruger 77/44 Rem Mag - Redfield Revolution 2-7x33mm
Marlin Model 1897 .22
Zilla
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment