Where do you buy your accessories?

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Where do you buy your accessories?

Post by KWhorenet » 31 May 2015, 9:46 am

bluerob wrote:I recently had an experience with Voldy.

Now I'm scarred for life, as in, you'll never get my coin again.

I thought advertising stuff and taking your money and then saying "sorry, not in stock" was a breach of trading laws?

Imagine how may crappy stories are out there across the country. :unknown:
Last edited by KWhorenet on 01 Jun 2015, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by bluerob » 31 May 2015, 10:47 am

KWhorenet wrote:
bluerob wrote:I recently had an experience with Voldy.

Now I'm scarred for life, as in, you'll never get my coin again.

I thought advertising stuff and taking your money and then saying "sorry, not in stock" was a breach of trading laws?

Imagine how may crappy stories are out there across the country. Imagine if all banded together and all chip in $20 to fund an action :unknown:

Or if we all put $1,000 in, we could start our own Voldy Mart?

Just ammo sales, reloading gear and the basics.
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 31 May 2015, 2:04 pm

I tend not to buy too much these days (got enough s**t now I don't really need or use) :lol: but I try and buy local and if not I source it either OS or interstate if need be.

To be honest the only things I really buy these days are Consumables for reloading - don't need anything else to do the type of shooting I do. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Franky » 31 May 2015, 7:40 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

don't need anything else to do the type of shooting I do :thumbsup:

What Missing? :thumbsup:
A wise man told me once, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
Franky
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by bluerob » 01 Jun 2015, 7:01 pm

Franky wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

don't need anything else to do the type of shooting I do :thumbsup:

What Missing? :thumbsup:

More guns :thumbsup:
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Releb » 02 Jun 2015, 11:57 am

buyalltheguns.jpg
buyalltheguns.jpg (20.17 KiB) Viewed 5932 times

;) :mrgreen:
Tikka Stainless from 30-06 Springfield lane.
Releb
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bones-350 » 22 Nov 2016, 7:27 am

I bought all my Dies and Case Prep Gear from an Australian Distributor.
Check out http://brtshooterssupply.com.au/ copy and paste it in your browser it's like going in to a major gun shop.
It's a husband and wife online site both Are world Bench Rest Champions.
They sell Top Shelf Equipment which you will hand down to your Kids and Grand Kids.
I came across them surfing the net and they are very helpful be it by, email and reply the next day, or phone and tour questions are answered fully.
The gear they sell is mostly stainless steel and made in the USA.
It's a shooters paradise and you will spend hours on the site I researched in googled and checked out youtube before I bought equipment.
Give them a try got nuffin to lose I learnt a lot from it.
Marlin.22lr, Marlin17 hmr, Marlin.22wmr, Weatherby action Krieger.223rem, Howa action,Krieger 243w, Ruger 7mm.RM, Rem30.06 & Adler
bones-350
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by juststarting » 22 Nov 2016, 8:14 am

eBay 98% of the time.

And I wouldn't call it Australia tax. There's certainly a bit of that, but a lot of it is the old monopoly mentality. Buy cheap from eBay and don't feel guilty about putting your LGS out of business. Unless your LGS is either as cheap or adds value.

Few months ago I rang a shop in Melbourne and asked if they would match a price on a rifle, from another interstate store in sunny QLD. $300 difference!

The response was amazing. I was told that the shop I asked to be matched is horrible, and that they sell at tiny profit margins and that they won't match it or budge what so ever and that they (QLD) make no money at all and on and on he went. So of course I ordered from QLD and ended up saving $200 overall.

There's a lesson here. Stop being a greedy c*nt, sell at reasonable prices and you will do a lot better than well.

Simply put, the days of paper catalogues and junk mail are over. I can search for the cheapest price around Australia or the world for that matter in seconds. And I bet as more and more internet savvy (aka gen Y, X, and so on) take up this sport we may very well see a lot of shops going out of business due to their old greedy business strategy and inability to compete.

What that retarded store person fail to realise is that I have internet and I can see prices. I truly don't care how they feel or what profit margins they have. Compete, evolve or go the way of the Dodo.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 22 Nov 2016, 11:02 am

A bit harsh on the LGS young fella, many of them have very little or no control over their pricing. Having seen the wholesale price list from the distributers most shops make a margin of %10 on firearms and 15-20% on accessories which isn't much compared to a more traditional retail business. The business in QLD with the cheap prices, direct imports and by passes the local importer / distributer which may have implications if warranty is required so keep that in mind. Good to see Brownell's having an Australian presence now as they can get a lot of the little fiddly bits others refuse to sell. I like to shop around online if I'm in no great rush but sometimes convenience is worth paying a little extra for.

Law of business
"There is hardly anything in the world that someone cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price alone are that person's lawful prey. It is unwise to pay too much, but it is also unwise to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money, that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything because the thing you bought is incapable of doing the thing you bought it to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot... It can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better."

John Ruskin (1819-1900)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by AusTac » 22 Nov 2016, 12:18 pm

Pretty much my local, i like to have a feel of what i'm buying, but the odd occasion i do get something online its usually just off ebay
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Rifle realist » 22 Nov 2016, 3:19 pm

+1 with Brett's John Ruskin quote, also small businesses are like muscles "if you don't use them, they disappear."
Sako quad .22 WMR 3-9X40 Leupold VXI
Anchutz 1430-1434 .22 Hornet 4 X 40 Bushnell
Sako 85 Varmint .260 Rem 4.5-14X50 Leupold VXIII
Sako 85 Hunter .338 Win Mag 3.5-10X40 Leupold VXIII
Marlin 1895 45/70
Assorted .22s & Shotguns
Rifle realist
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Nov 2016, 7:19 pm

50/50. LGS and online. But that applies to most things I buy.
I simply look for value for money. Prices are all over the place. You really do need to know your prices snd shop around these days.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment