Sling swivel suggestions

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Sling swivel suggestions

Post by AusTac » 27 Aug 2015, 8:23 pm

Hey fellas,

I'm looking for some kind of hardcore sling swivels to attach to a regular sling stud, i've got a cheapish sling and the little screws seem to run out of thread a little early to seem secure, i can detatch it with a bit of a push from my fingers when the screws are off the thread and for me that's not good enough to secure my rifle, as old habits die hard i still cradle, it but on the odd time i have to go hands free i don't want to see my rifle dropping in the dirt, any suggestions? They all seem to be the exact same design.
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Re: Sling Swivels

Post by tom604 » 27 Aug 2015, 9:02 pm

i wrap a bit of tape over mine to stop them undoing, only had it happen to me once but once was enough :thumbsup:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 28 Aug 2015, 6:18 pm

I think the obvious is patently clear. :roll:

Why buy a "cheapish" sling in the first place ?
Get a quality product. Buy once and cry once.

Then your mind will be at ease knowing that your rifle is not gonna land upside down in rocks or mud. :thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Wobble » 01 Sep 2015, 1:21 pm

I dunno how hardcore they are :lol: but I have a Spika sling and the swivels are solid.

There is a little play in the dial bit but the actual spring loader catch bit that closes over the rod stays locked solid.

It's never coming loose.
Weatherby Vanguards in .300 Weatherby Magnum and .243 Winchester
Wobble
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by AusTac » 01 Sep 2015, 5:48 pm

Might have to look into a spika sling then wobble, see what else is out there, all the slings at my lgs had the same swivels with different slings.

Does anyone have any experience with talon swivels?
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by heeple » 08 Sep 2015, 1:29 pm

I cant remember brands from memory as I just bought the slings that felt good, not cause of the brand but I have two with strong clasps.

I will look tonight after work and post for you.

Just bought from my LGS for a reasonable price, they're not fancy aftermarket stuff which costs a tonne.
Remingtion 700 XCR in 7mm-08
Winchester 94 in 30-30
Ruger 77/22 in 22LR
heeple
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment