MDT TAC21 for Remington 700

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: MDT TAC21 for Remington 700

Post by Hoogz » 10 Aug 2015, 11:15 am

I have just received confirmation (after purchasing MDT TAC21, suitable scope mount, etc.) that the TAC21 Chassis is considered to be a "prohibited weapon" in NSW if it has a firearm action fitted to it. Legal to own, Illegal to have it attached to a firearm.

This is apparently due to the fact that it has a detachable butt stock. :cry:
Hoogz
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Elek » 11 Aug 2015, 9:58 am

Hoogz wrote:I have just received confirmation (after purchasing MDT TAC21, suitable scope mount, etc.) that the TAC21 Chassis is considered to be a "prohibited weapon" in NSW if it has a firearm action fitted to it. Legal to own, Illegal to have it attached to a firearm.

LMFAO.

A rifle stock illegal if attached to a rifle action. Compared to all the other likely uses for one :lol:

Our government is full of geniuses.
Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .308 Win
Remington 700 XCR Tactical Long Range in .223 Rem
Bushnell Elite Tactical ERS 4.5-30x 50mm
Elek
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Baronvonrort » 11 Aug 2015, 10:41 am

Hoogz wrote:I have just received confirmation (after purchasing MDT TAC21, suitable scope mount, etc.) that the TAC21 Chassis is considered to be a "prohibited weapon" in NSW if it has a firearm action fitted to it. Legal to own, Illegal to have it attached to a firearm.

I saw a new one for sale in Safari firearms not that long ago,a complete rifle.

It had a fixed stock.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by bear foot bowhunter » 11 Aug 2015, 12:24 pm

Dose any one know if this is the case in Qld
bear foot bowhunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Baronvonrort » 11 Aug 2015, 3:28 pm

They should be OK in Qld.

I think WA has banned them.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Chronos » 11 Aug 2015, 5:36 pm

no offense to you mate but that might be what they told you but not necessarily the whole truth

there are plenty of rifle stocks with detatchable butt stocks but as long as it requires tools you'll be ok. the early axiom stocks that were push button telescopic were controlled but those with pined stocks weren't

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by lole » 13 Aug 2015, 12:10 pm

Chronos wrote:no offense to you mate but that might be what they told you but not necessarily the whole truth

If was just thinking the same.... If it was actually a prohibited weapon when fitted it doesn't seem like anyone would bother selling it there, right?
lole
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment