WARNING for collectors

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

WARNING for collectors

Post by model41 » 31 Oct 2015, 7:06 pm

As a collector I need to warn all collectors that use a mail forwarder in the US.
I will not name the company, google is your friend. If you have been using or know anyone using an address simular to “Express Ln, Sarasota, FL” find another.
For a few years they have shipped my catalogs from the US to Australia. The last lot one a very rare piece is to be destroyed under the grounds they are gun parts. This lot in question contains 3 different Model 41 list of parts, these "parts list" are a single sheet of paper folded to give 4 pages, breakdown picture of gun, list or parts, maintenance and safety information.

This is a warning to all collectors that collect paper and other items and use this mail forwarder. Use at your own risk.
Below is an email I received.
Hello,

Thank you for your email. I have reviewed the package and I certainly understand your concern. However, our Trade Compliance Team did review the item and found that it would be considered to be under the domain of the United States Munitions List. By US Export Regulations, we are required by the US Government to comply with the statute and proceed with discarding the item.

I understand the rarity of the item, however, that cannot supersede our required compliance with the law. I truly apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of further assistance

Kind Regards,

NAME & COMPANY REMOVED
model41
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: WARNING for collectors

Post by on_one_wheel » 31 Oct 2015, 7:42 pm

Assh0les , I'd be calling in a third party to make sure that what they are doing is above board. It sounds suss.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Elek » 02 Nov 2015, 9:17 am

Sounds suss to me as well.

If they're prohibited from exporting it they fine, they can't do that.

Why would they have to "discard" it though? Why not just return it to original sender?

The way they've told it it's like it was legal while sitting on a shelf somewhere, but once someone decided to send it it became illegal and had to be discarded.

Makes no sense.
Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .308 Win
Remington 700 XCR Tactical Long Range in .223 Rem
Bushnell Elite Tactical ERS 4.5-30x 50mm
Elek
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Yelp » 04 Nov 2015, 11:04 am

Sounds like the trophies coming back from Africa that mysterious get confiscated or "lost" :thumbsdown:
Yelp
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Wobble » 13 Nov 2015, 8:52 am

Yelp wrote:Sounds like the trophies coming back from Africa that mysterious get confiscated or "lost" :thumbsdown:

I've read a few of those stories too. Once you're out of the country I suppose they know you aren't coming back to chase them for the things so they just sell them to someone locally and it's tough s**t for you.
Weatherby Vanguards in .300 Weatherby Magnum and .243 Winchester
Wobble
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by ebr love » 17 Nov 2015, 9:19 am

Weak sauce :thumbsdown:
TIKKA T3 TAC .300 WIN MAG
HOW SPORTER 270 WIN
HOWA YOUTH .204 RUGER
MARLIN 1889 .38-40
ebr love
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Xerox » 18 Nov 2015, 8:28 am

Yelp wrote:Sounds like the trophies coming back from Africa that mysterious get confiscated or "lost" :thumbsdown:

Could not describe how fuming you would be after spending the fortune it costs for an African trophy trip then having some ****** steal them from you once you're out of the country :evil:
Xerox
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by heeple » 23 Nov 2015, 10:20 am

Yeah you couldn't afford to go back and pursue them could you :(
Remingtion 700 XCR in 7mm-08
Winchester 94 in 30-30
Ruger 77/22 in 22LR
heeple
Lance Corporal