FUN times ahead

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: FUN times ahead

Post by deye243 » 04 Dec 2015, 8:35 pm

brett1868 wrote:
deye243 wrote:yes but every time i do something on movie maker it degrades the crap out of it like it was done with a 2MP camera

More keen to hear the sound then the pic...I've had ideas to see if I can find some old church or school bells to shoot. Set them a nice distance so they ring but not destroyed, could be fun me thinks.

Did you work out a good method of securing the target? I'm looking to see how you do it before making my own and any advice would be much appreciated.

at the end of the 1st page and you can hit it with a 16lb sledge hammer and the ain't going anywhere
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 04 Dec 2015, 8:48 pm

Geez I'm a dumbass at times, I remember looking at those pics and thinking to myself that you're a clever bugger. Not much sound probably cause it's anchored so well to the posts. I was looking to mount mine using chains and shackles which can be replaced quickly due to my habit of hitting posts and the like. I'm onto a bloke at the moment that works for the council who reckons he can get me a few sheets of old 1" road plate but they're about 500kg each. Once I get a way to cut them or move them off the driveway I'll ask him to drop a couple off. My cousin has a plasma cutter but not sure if it'll cut 1" and the cost of gas to cut them with an oxy might me more then buying something a bit smaller / thinner. Heading down the coast for a few days on the beach with the wife and boy soon, then I've got a week off work so I'll be heading to the Pilliga for some fun with the big guns.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by deye243 » 05 Dec 2015, 10:58 pm

Brett i found this on an old m stick it has loud DIIIINGS :D and yep the MUT is just as loud :lol:

funny thing is he only carry's on like that when target shooting :crazy: out hunting he is right on

my heels and silent go figure .

there was a slight northerly and the target face's south

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYsNUzdpz8w
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by BBJ » 07 Dec 2015, 1:36 pm

brett1868 wrote:I never tire of watching the vapour trails as projectiles arc onto target. I'll be asking Santa for some gongs this Christmas :)

Ask him for a video camera and send us a present :lol:
Weatherby Vanguard .223 Remington
Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless .243 Winchester
R.I.P. M1 Garand .30-06 Springfield

Leupold VX-R 4-12x40
BBJ
Corporal
Corporal

Northern Territory

Post by deye243 » 17 Dec 2015, 10:10 pm

i just got a new vid camera today and yep it sh1ts all over the old one . looks better full screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpviIYkVIvg&feature=youtu.be
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Khan » 05 Jan 2016, 9:30 am

Is the camera behind or in front of the muzzle there?

Interesting that you can see the air pressure change and things thicken when you pull the trigger.
44 Rem. Magnum Marlin Model 1894
.280 Rem. Browning X-Bolt Hunter
Khan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by deye243 » 05 Jan 2016, 1:38 pm

different camera but same set up

IMG_2547 (Medium).JPG
IMG_2547 (Medium).JPG (218.74 KiB) Viewed 2087 times
deye243