Torch for spot lighting

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Torch for spot lighting

Post by wade06 » 25 Oct 2016, 8:53 pm

Just a quick update. I took the FH10 out hunting foxes tonight... didn't get anything but the torch went great.

I was using the red light and had no problems seeing out to 150m on spot.
In close it was good to be able to widen the beam for a wider field of view.
I don't think I could go back to a white only torch with fixed width beam after using the Klarus FH10. Highly recommended so far. :D
Walnut Lithgow La101 .22LR - Vortex Diamondback HP 3-12x42
Tikka T3 Lite .243W - Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42
wade06
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by jaydos » 09 Nov 2016, 8:46 pm

wade06 wrote:My Klarus FH10 torch turned up yesterday. Initial impressions are that it is very well built, compact and not too heavy (300g with battery). It works great on a 22LR and would be equally at home on a centrefire. There are dual springs on the battery so recoil should be fine on a centrefire.

The red, green and white LEDs are on a slider and the light can be focused in and out as required. At the tightest the beam is about 0.6m wide at 10m while the widest the beam is about 2.7m wide at 10m.

The white LED, as a spot light, lights up the hill 280m away and there would be no problems identifying a roo or deer at this range without a scope. At 280m the beam is about 15-20m wide (square edges) with no spill. Usable hunting range (white LED) is probably about 330-350m max.

The red LED let's you identify targets at around 100m but would show eye reflections a lot further. The green LED lets you identify targets a bit further but eyes don’t light up as well as on the red LED.

There is an on/off button at the back plus a tail switch to toggle between low, medium and high beams. Klarus claim 2.5 hours run time on max with the white LED using the standard 2600mAh battery. The bigger 3400mAh battery I ordered should push that to 3.3 hours.

The only complaint at this stage is that it took nearly 4 weeks to arrive :huh:

Mate where did you get the scope mount for the torch from? looks the goods. :)
jaydos
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by wade06 » 10 Nov 2016, 6:58 am

$23.95 on ebay.... Search for 222068077454. There are still some left.

It is nice and solid. I wouldn't mind something with a quick release one day so I can easily add remove the torch.
wade06
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by jaydos » 14 Nov 2016, 8:24 pm

got my klarus in the mail today, pretty impressed with the shipping time. I ordered it on friday and it arrived today from liteshop. thing is bloody bright, on all 3 leds!, great for spotting.
jaydos
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by wade06 » 14 Nov 2016, 8:55 pm

Nice work, you will love it. I don't use green but white and red are awesome. :thumbsup:
wade06
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by POD89 » 15 Nov 2016, 8:17 pm

depends if your spotting or shooting,
i scored a china copy led with batteries/mount /charger off ebay for like $30 and its great..... for about 4.65 minutes...
Led Lensor are pretty impressive. and small easy to carry etc
i picked up a "Companion- XRIO" pistol grip style spotty from the camping store and its awesome $100
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes..."
POD89
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by jaydos » 16 Nov 2016, 10:02 pm

wade06 wrote:Nice work, you will love it. I don't use green but white and red are awesome. :thumbsup:

red is great for spotting possums(to take photos) in the trees around the house. Green i find way brighter than the red but doesnt show up eyes as well. The white is a bloody awesomely powerful spotlight for the size of the unit. Can't wait to get my clip and throw it on the rifle scope.
jaydos
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Previous

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment