Homemade shooting Bags

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Homemade shooting Bags

Post by Oldbloke » 18 Jul 2016, 5:50 pm

Wheat in a ziplock plastic bag, tape it up & then in the sock. Mice cant smell it.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 18 Jul 2016, 10:26 pm

tom604 wrote:rice for me as well,,but i have had to patch one,,stupid mice :lol:

:lol: Sounds similar to my experience with a fishing bag with pelletised burley in it, bloody rats and mice ate the crap out of that bag trying to get the burley :shock:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Wobble » 26 Jul 2016, 1:16 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Wheat in a ziplock plastic bag, tape it up & then in the sock. Mice cant smell it.

Or trail mix. Then you can eat it at the range :D
Weatherby Vanguards in .300 Weatherby Magnum and .243 Winchester
Wobble
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Wobble » 26 Jul 2016, 1:17 pm

Die Judicii wrote:Better to use the granite sand, mice don't eat that. :thumbsup:

Must be heavy as F
Weatherby Vanguards in .300 Weatherby Magnum and .243 Winchester
Wobble
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 27 Jul 2016, 9:26 pm

Wobble wrote:
Die Judicii wrote:Better to use the granite sand, mice don't eat that. :thumbsup:

Must be heavy as F

Which is sorta what you want really, I'd say my bags way around 4-5kg roughly, the kids don't seem to have trouble carrying em :D I leave mine sitting on the bonnet when out spotlighting, they tend to say right where I left them which is great and if I really was worried about them shifting around I could always stitch some magnets into them but honestly haven't had a need for it over 10yrs of using em so can't see that changing. Simple/cost effective and quick to make - right up my alley :thumbsup:

Jean Legs make great sandbags too, stitch along 2 sides and ya in business and they are very durable too (I think I have 3 or 4 of those floating around the place too, along with calico ones, they all get used when the kids and wife get to playing on the spinners and gongs etc. :D

bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by brett1868 » 27 Jul 2016, 9:56 pm

I'm going to shoot in a comp next week and the rules say bags are to be filled with sand, mine currently have old tumbler media in them. Where can I find granite sand? I just checked Bunnings and all they have is regular sand. Was thinking I can always fill them with red sand as there'll be plenty of that down there. Half tempted to go buy a pair of $10 jeans from Vinnies to get the legs and make a few bags in different sizes.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 27 Jul 2016, 10:23 pm

brett1868 wrote:I'm going to shoot in a comp next week and the rules say bags are to be filled with sand, mine currently have old tumbler media in them. Where can I find granite sand? I just checked Bunnings and all they have is regular sand. Was thinking I can always fill them with red sand as there'll be plenty of that down there. Half tempted to go buy a pair of $10 jeans from Vinnies to get the legs and make a few bags in different sizes.

I bought a few bags of coarse pebble sand I think it was called - anyway got it from Masters. How would they know what you have in ya bags mate?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by brett1868 » 28 Jul 2016, 12:03 am

Thanks Bigfella, I'll head up to Masters tomorrow and grab a bag. I managed to blow a hole in my large Caldwell bag so I'll get the missus to make up a few from jean legs.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 28 Jul 2016, 6:41 am

brett1868 wrote:Thanks Bigfella, I'll head up to Masters tomorrow and grab a bag. I managed to blow a hole in my large Caldwell bag so I'll get the missus to make up a few from jean legs.

Not a prob Brett, I got this out in their Gardening Section - the jean legs work will I've found and a good repurpose for something that would otherwise end up in the bin.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment