Brownells Australia - Anyone bought from them?

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Re: Anyone bought from Brownells.com.au?

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 14 Oct 2016, 7:49 pm

Hellllooooo Bruuuuuccceeeee
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 14 Oct 2016, 7:49 pm

Shut up and take my money, Bruce! Great post, thanks.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Withaai » 23 Feb 2017, 10:11 am

I waited over a month for a small item. :shock: Not exactly over the moon.. When I rang up to get updates, I got huge attitude and I was asked if I wanted a refund? I can understand shipments get held up in customs, an email costs nothing to a customer, or just politeness for a start... Customer service ? Hmmm.
Withaai
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 08 Mar 2017, 6:00 pm

My experience with Brownell's so far.
Order placed 22/2 for 5 (2x1911 10mm, 3x 1911 .357Sig) pistol mags, Extended Cyl release for 686 and 2 leather pillow bag rests. Delivered today 8/3 so 14 days from order to delivery though 4 days of that was spent clearing customs in Australia. Considering 5/7 items are "Controlled" import / sale I'm very impressed with the delivery time. The order process is easy, they don't need a copy of my license but do ask for the details which is a legal requirement and not a drama. Status emails as the order progresses are welcome and so far no spam which is a massive positive. On a note for pricing, an equivalent 1911 mag for 10mm in Aus. is up around the $90 mark compared to $58 from Brownell's so they're a winner on pricing as well.
I can highly recommend them, especially for the obscure bits that are a nightmare or impossible to find locally.
Good work Bruce, I'm working on the next order now :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 08 Mar 2017, 6:10 pm

Got two more buffer tubes and M4 stocks today from Brownells.
Ordered Feb 6 but they were held at Customs for 21 days.
A folding stock adaptor is still stuck in Customs though.
Attachments
080320172046.jpg
080320172046.jpg (985.36 KiB) Viewed 11039 times
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by andym79 » 30 Sep 2017, 7:45 am

I put an order in 15-9-17, still waiting will keep you posted!
andym79
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Stix » 30 Sep 2017, 9:16 am

After reading Bruce's post some time ago, i thought id give them a go for 2 small but specific items i need before i ordered anything substantial.

Ive emailed them twice & followed up with 2 calls, have told Bruce on the phone i want to order these items...

No email reply at all, even after chasing the emails by phone...

Unfortunately the service ive experienced is probably worse than LGS (at least they tell you no).

After waiting so long, i ended up contacting the manufacturer in US directly & they emailed back the next day with direct instructions on how to order.

My experience dictates that i cant speak well of Brownells at all...from my view point they're just another big player who cant be bothered.
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 30 Sep 2017, 10:05 am

I ordered some non flammable epoxy on 19/9/17 (non flammable is easier to freight) 11 days money gone from account no word yet
Price of epoxy in brownells add was $99 aus as I was led to believe but they ended up taking about $202
The reason was price was in american dollars + freight + mark up on American dollar the actual price was not given until a couple of days after ordering
when the notification was given that it was enroute and money was taken from acc no more word since
If I had known the actual price prior to ordering I would not have ordered it But what is done is done but as for brownells don't
think i'll be using them again until they have an actual shop in Australia and do away with the excess dollars of getting things here
My opinion is the gun business is only going to get bigger so these local companies should start streamlining their businesses
better services try to lower costs to the consumer generally have things in stock not have to order it when its required or else they will loose out
to these multi nationals and then we end up with the service they give which is sometimes below what we expect and are entitled to

Brownells are not very clear on America v Australia prices most other over seas companies give an Australian price before you press order
giving you the chance to decide YES or NO Brownells didn't when I ordered I would like to know the reason why if anybody could explain

CHEERS
Member-Deleted

Post by bladeracer » 30 Sep 2017, 10:05 am

Stix wrote:After reading Bruce's post some time ago, i thought id give them a go for 2 small but specific items i need before i ordered anything substantial.

Ive emailed them twice & followed up with 2 calls, have told Bruce on the phone i want to order these items...

Unfortunately the service ive experienced is probably worse than LGS (at least they tell you no).

After waiting so long, i ended up contacting the manufacturer in US directly & they emailed back the next day with direct instructions on how to order.

My experience dictates that i cant speak well of Brownells at all...from my view point they're just another big player who cant be bothered.

Wow! That sucks :-(
I've had seven orders with them now with zero problems at all. Had a batch of pistol brass, bullets and dies released from Customs yesterday so should have it next week.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Dunxy » 30 Sep 2017, 7:54 pm

I ordered a peep sight for the Swede a week ago and i found their status indicators a bit vauge. I did get a pretty prompt email response and recently seen proposed delivery date of late this week which if made will be pretty impressive.
Not enough characters!
Dunxy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by andym79 » 04 Oct 2017, 11:03 am

I have now been waiting almost three weeks for my order.

I sent an email first thing yesterday asking the status of my order an when I could expect it.

No reply as yet. My thinking is that if I can get it elsewhere I most certainly will. In the past i used Brownells USA before they stopped shipping here. I normally got my stuff in 2 weeks.
andym79
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 04 Oct 2017, 11:26 am

andym79 wrote:I have now been waiting almost three weeks for my order.

I sent an email first thing yesterday asking the status of my order an when I could expect it.

No reply as yet. My thinking is that if I can get it elsewhere I most certainly will. In the past i used Brownells USA before they stopped shipping here. I normally got my stuff in 2 weeks.

Did you get an email saying it was in Customs?
Customs could take three weeks clearing something.

When did Brownells stop shipping direct from the US?
I'm ordering a cantilever rail for the Norinco today so I'll try it via the US site and let you know if it's a problem.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 04 Oct 2017, 11:39 am

I ordered two items from a well-known Aussie Ebayer because I wanted them in time for my brother's visit. Shipping said three days, it never arrived. I ordered them from another Aussie supplier and received them in three days. The first tracking number simply says it was put into the system and then went blank.
I've messaged them twice and they're waiting on OzPost to let them know where it went. Probably time to simply ask for a refund I guess.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 04 Oct 2017, 3:37 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Stix wrote:After reading Bruce's post some time ago, i thought id give them a go for 2 small but specific items i need before i ordered anything substantial.

Wow! That sucks :-(
I've had seven orders with them now with zero problems at all. Had a batch of pistol brass, bullets and dies released from Customs yesterday so should have it next week.

Righto...
Maybe ill open another account under the name of "blade" & try my luck... :clap:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 08 Oct 2017, 6:06 pm

Received my epoxy yesterday not bad timing 19/9 to 7/10 $99 for kit $60 odd for shipping and rest for apparently US and AUS
money difference = $202 total I will use fibre glass and matting next time could have done it for $43 total
Member-Deleted

Post by andym79 » 09 Oct 2017, 8:35 am

Just wanted to say that it seems my order had been sitting in customs. The Brownell update had landed in my junk folder for some reason.

I saw this morning from Auspost that they had a parcel for me so will get it this week. If it were not for customs delivery would have been timely.
andym79
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Hangfire » 09 Oct 2017, 11:25 am

Ordered a No4 mk1 303 mag was $40 had mixed review but though will try it out. All packaging says No4 mk1 but its a No1 mk3 mag........
Emailed them but no answer as yet.
Hangfire
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by southwest shooter » 09 Oct 2017, 12:21 pm

If you don't mind waiting its fine .
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 09 Oct 2017, 1:29 pm

Hangfire wrote:Ordered a No4 mk1 303 mag was $40 had mixed review but though will try it out. All packaging says No4 mk1 but its a No1 mk3 mag........
Emailed them but no answer as yet.

Bugger.
Try advertising it as it might be sought after here?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Dunxy » 09 Oct 2017, 2:05 pm

Im still waiting for my peep site, naturally its still held up in customs (a week now i think..) being such and offensive dangerous item!
Not enough characters!
Dunxy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by andym79 » 10 Oct 2017, 3:55 pm

My Brass come today, it was only customs who made it take a while!
andym79
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by jmr22 » 12 Oct 2017, 4:47 pm

I was thinking of ordering a couple of extra 10shot mags for my xt22 marlin because they are less than half the price of my local shop. will they get snatched up in customs if coming from USA?
.177 auto pellet gun
.22lr Marlin box
.22lr Marlin tube mag
.243 Sterling
.30-06 Argentinian
12ga Armed o/u
12ga straight pull STP
jmr22
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 12 Oct 2017, 5:11 pm

jmr22 wrote:I was thinking of ordering a couple of extra 10shot mags for my xt22 marlin because they are less than half the price of my local shop. will they get snatched up in customs if coming from USA?

Not if they come via Brownells.com.au - bought several mags myself through them. They'll be in customs for a few weeks as they're busy cracking down on illegal imports of tiny plastic balls currently.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Rikta » 12 Oct 2017, 6:17 pm

yep no dramas at all
Rem .270
Howa .223
Ruger 22lr
Lanber 12g
Rossi 410g
Rikta
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by jmr22 » 12 Oct 2017, 6:40 pm

bladeracer wrote:
jmr22 wrote:I was thinking of ordering a couple of extra 10shot mags for my xt22 marlin because they are less than half the price of my local shop. will they get snatched up in customs if coming from USA?

Not if they come via Brownells.com.au - bought several mags myself through them. They'll be in customs for a few weeks as they're busy cracking down on illegal imports of tiny plastic balls currently.

Thanks,

Those balls can be lethal, slipping over could seriously damage you hair style.
.177 auto pellet gun
.22lr Marlin box
.22lr Marlin tube mag
.243 Sterling
.30-06 Argentinian
12ga Armed o/u
12ga straight pull STP
jmr22
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by ShootingRight » 01 Feb 2018, 9:17 am

Been waiting almost 5 weeks for reloading dies that were not local stock, but would be delivered 'within 10 days'.

They have an automated email system that spits out updates. I noticed the order at the Iowa warehouse wasn't actioned for 10 days after I paid.

If simple reloading gear is stuck at Customs (as it has been for over 10 day now), then perhaps it's because they bundle all items (benign and prohibited) into the the same shipment.

In the time I've been waiting, I've had unrelated stuff delivered from China by ship.
ShootingRight
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 01 Feb 2018, 3:24 pm

ShootingRight wrote:Been waiting almost 5 weeks for reloading dies that were not local stock, but would be delivered 'within 10 days'.

They have an automated email system that spits out updates. I noticed the order at the Iowa warehouse wasn't actioned for 10 days after I paid.

If simple reloading gear is stuck at Customs (as it has been for over 10 day now), then perhaps it's because they bundle all items (benign and prohibited) into the the same shipment.

In the time I've been waiting, I've had unrelated stuff delivered from China by ship.

As far as I'm aware the entire weekly shipment from the US comes as one, so I would expect Customs to go through everything. Every item I've ever ordered through them comes through Customs regardless of its legal status.
Dies can be ordered straight off Ebay.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by juststarting » 01 Feb 2018, 5:02 pm

They do take a while, but I have ordered a few less common things and they've always came through. Usually, a month.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Re: Brownells Australia - Anyone bought from them?

Post by rossfrb » 04 Jul 2019, 10:59 pm

Hi
Reviving this thread as I'm entertaining the idea of purchasing some items from Brownells Australia online.
What have been people's recent experience?
I'm not worried if delivery takes a few weeks.
I'm presuming all prices are aussie dollars?
regards
rb
rossfrb
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: Brownells Australia - Anyone bought from them?

Post by gordicans » 05 Jul 2019, 2:16 pm

I just ordered some reloading gear from them. Obviously there's a lead time ordering through them but the prices mostly are very competative. The kit hasn't arrived yet but I had to communicate with them regarding combining a couple of orders for delivery and found their customer service to be prompt and very helpful.
Regards Ian
gordicans
Private
Private

New South Wales

Next

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment